A Bug's Life - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

A Bug's Life Reviews

April 13, 2017
Pixar never fails me.
½ April 5, 2017
A Bug's Life brings so much joy and a memorable cast of characters to the screen, and was a staple in 90s and early 2000s children's childhoods. Still a fun movie as an adult, it contains a level of enjoyment most animated films today cannot capture.
March 29, 2017
Ants working with unusual "warriors" to get payback to the evil grasshoppers is OK. It may look like primitive animation, but at least it's better than Toy Story, in a way.
March 28, 2017
"A Bug's Life" demonstrates, alongside "Toy Story" that Pixar always knew how to make good animated features, both to entertain children without making adults bored out of their minds. This one is captivating thanks to its good casting choices, good characters and important meaning!
March 26, 2017
A cute but forgettable film, A Bug's Life has some funny good moments, but is hammered down by a bland protagonist, predictable story, and is disappointing in comparison with Toy Story. But it has the circus bugs and has some very funny moments, but again its not enough to make it that memorable to me, and is probably one of Pixar's weaker efforts.
March 20, 2017
The most underated of Pixar's films
March 14, 2017
In my heart a lot of us are like Flik. We might not be popular in school or at work but we have good intentions to help people improve their lives more than us being a hero. We are not too selfish and most of the time think more of others than ourselves. Being humble, share compassion, care and kindness. To appreciate one another without malice or expecting something in return. To learn and teach people to unite as one. I know many Animated films had themes like this but A Bug's Life have great real life lessons put all together in one. :)
February 14, 2017
A bugs life was good, another good pixar movie
½ January 19, 2017
A great adventure with the one and only Flik! It's still one of the best Pixar movies. (First viewing - Late 1998 in theaters)
December 23, 2016
The main protagonist is rather forgettable and the otherwise decent story is admittedly cliched, but the animation is very well-crafted (especially for 1998) and most of the side characters know how to make you laugh. Pixar's most underrated film.
½ December 18, 2016
While A Bug's Life was criticized by some by being unfavourably compared with then soon-to-be competitor DreamWorks' Antz, the film remains funny, memorable and surprisingly beautifully animated for a 1998 fully computer-animated movie which is only Hollywood's third entirely CGI movie making this another compelling story for all ages from the minds of Pixar Animation Studios.
December 12, 2016
Meu primeiro filme da Pixar e minha primeira animação tridimensional. Personagens muito bem-acabados e ótimo roteiro, cheio de alegorias marxistas. Fora o gostinho de VHS que esse filme tem, rsrs. Inesquecível!
½ December 4, 2016
Love the story line, well done.
November 18, 2016
It may not be as memorable as Toy Story or Nemo, but A Bug's Life is a pretty good Pixar flick.
November 4, 2016
Even though I'm on Team Antz, this is still a good movie
½ October 30, 2016
It's nowhere near the best Disney movie, but despite that it makes for a charming and emotional movie.
½ October 23, 2016
While with masterful animation and memorable characters, the story had the old trope of the underdog becomes the hero. Still with good animation, funny characters, and great villains, A Bug's Life has something going for it. While not as good as Pixar's first movie, it still is a memorable experience.
October 19, 2016
First film I ever got on Dvd. Brilliant animation. Entertaining story line, likeable characters, amazing visuals. If you once start watching it is very hard to stop. Now in HD it looks better than ever.
½ October 8, 2016
Just an average film. Nothing great, nothing bad. One of Pixar's weakest.