Bull Durham - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Bull Durham Reviews

October 5, 2016
The movie that made me realize why everybody loves baseball in the first place
½ October 1, 2016
This movie is entertaining for the most part. I enjoyed Kevin Costner's performance in this movie. Susan Sarandon also does very well in the movie. There is good chemistry among the entire cast and the ending was satisfying to me.
September 24, 2016
I saw this many years ago, but didn't remember it at all so it was like seeing it for the first time. It's a good story well told with strong acting. Costner is perfect in this type of role, Tim Robbins is hilarious, and Susan Sarandon beautiful and alluring. The film is quite funny as well. Well worth a watch!
½ September 2, 2016
Bit lost by the praise lavished on this film and I love a bit of Costner. It's not funny and it's not particularly engaging, in fact it's pretty much as dull as watching baseball in real life. This is no 'Field of Dreams'.
July 17, 2016
Even if the stakes could not be lower (they couldn't) this is worth the watch for Tim Robbins alone, who steals the show like it's first base.
½ May 14, 2016
Another Kevin Costner baseball film. Dubbed as a hilarious comedy but isn't. It's just another baseball film. Thank god the English don't churn out loads of films about rounders every year eh.
April 13, 2016
#1 sports movie
#1 baseball movie
top 10 any movie
January 24, 2016
One of the funniest films ever made and THE greatest baseball film of all time, Bull Durham catches the spirit of the American pastime and romance in a way that is unique, novel, and interesting. Boasting strong, well-fleshed out characters played by Sarandon, Costner, and Robbins, this film delivers some of the heartiest laughs, especially for a baseball fan.
January 3, 2016
"And I believe in long, slow, deep, soft, wet kisses that last three days." ~ Crash Davis, played by Kevin Costner
December 20, 2015
One of the funniest films of all time and quite the philosophical rumination on love and baseball.
December 12, 2015
Bull Durham is a fun, mature baseball movie about an old player who is crass and sarcastic because he's past his prime and a woman who loves baseball, but loves the men who play it more.
November 7, 2015
Costner, Robbins, and Sarandon ð'?ð'?. Great old sports comedy!
½ June 27, 2015
There's a nice comprising mixture of sports and romance with sporadic comedy to seemingly balance the film's level, and those genres were well-represented by its trio cast - Kevin Costner, Susan Sarandon, and Tim Robbins - while avoiding any act of using a typical formula of clichés since it was more on spirituality between romance improving an individual in sports. A well-developed premise from that kind of working form, but there's one typicality in the romance genre's usage that's worth skipping if there's nothing worth hearing from what was written in those moments. Overall, it's a decent film in both genres. (B)

(Full review coming soon - with better wording probably)
June 15, 2015
Okay film I guess. I like a lot of the baseball aspects of the film, but I really wish it focused less on the romance, which is pretty boring here. Susan Sarandon can get irritating at times in this film too. I know a lot of people love this film for some reason, which I don't understand. It's a decent baseball movie, but by no means would I call it a great film.
April 16, 2015
A Kevin Costner sports movie never, ever fails. I think this is the closest Costner ever gets to comedy. A Great movie, brilliantly supported by Sarandon & Robbins. It's a must watch.
April 15, 2015
Greatly acted baseball yarn about a losing team and the ways it tries to improve itself. This is more of an acting showcase here as Sarandon, Costner and Robbins are in fine form here. As for the story, well, Field Of Dreams always does it for me.
April 15, 2015
A really good period of baseball movies and this is at or near the head of that pack.
April 8, 2015
They don't get any cooler than Crash Davis. And definitely not a cure when I need to fall asleep at 1am and this comes on my TV. This movie gets better every time I see it.
½ April 6, 2015
Smart, funny, and successfully avoids cliches, Bull Durham overcomes some minor set-backs to make an entertaining baseball romantic comedy with a great performance from Tim Robbins.
½ March 28, 2015
Better than average baseball movie