Bulldog Drummond's Revenge - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Bulldog Drummond's Revenge Reviews

½ April 6, 2016
I'm loving these things. 2 for 2 so far. Snappy, fun, simple. Can't wait to watch the rest.
½ September 12, 2015
good entry in this once popular serial programmer
June 19, 2014
The dreaded haxonite stolen, a severed arm found and a frustrated Phyllis Clavering. This calls for Bulldog Drummond--Pretty Good 'Bulldog' Feature With Plenty of Action!!
½ May 22, 2014
The Drummond series keeps coming out. While nothing outstanding, they're still dependable thrillers. Here, Drummond is about to get married (still??) when he discovers a severed hand and a case of highly combustable materials missing. John Howard is a perfectly ok Drummond.
August 4, 2013
Bulldog Drummond is back and out for revenge.
½ September 15, 2010
A mediocre detective movie with a mediocre detective. All of Drummond's movies are the same, so it doesn't matter which one you see.
½ December 4, 2009
Average entry in an average series.
November 4, 2009
Just another Bulldog Drummond movie. One of the weaker ones too. Dull
December 10, 2008
Hello!!! My name is joyfaith500 I am tall ,good looking, perfect body figure and
sexy. I saw your profile and was delighted to contact you, I hope you will be
the true loving, honest and caring man that I have been looking 4, And I have
something special to tell you about me, So please contact me directly through my

joyfaith500
½ October 15, 2008
An hour and 15 of uninteresting, predictable mystery. The lead is steely, but cannot cope with such a dull story. The supporting characters are so one dimensional, one is suprised they can see them, and though some of it is charming, the film is mostly hogwash.
June 23, 2007
While preparing to travel to Switzerland with his friends Algy (Denny) and Colonel Nielsen (Barrymore), as well as his manservant Tenny (Clive), so he can finally marry the love of his life, Phyllis Clavering (Campbell), Captain Hugh Drummond (Howard) is drawn into a nefarious scheme by murderous froeign agents attempting to steal the only existing sample of a newly developed high explosive, Hexonite. Can Drummond and his friends round up the guilty parties without spoiling yet another set of wedding plans?

"Bulldog Drummond's Revenge" is a fast-paced adventure tale that keeps things funny and lighthearted--almost in spite a sequence where our heroes are tossing about a suitcase that don't realize contains unstable explosives, and a series of ghoulish gags involving a severed arm.

The regular cast-members provide their usual charming and witty performances. Clive shines particularly brightly in this outing, with Tenny's plain frustration with the antics of his "betters" giving rise to some very funny sarcasm.

The film's main weak point is its reliance on far-fetched coincidences to both get started and keep the characters involved in the events. (I could accept that Drummond and pals just happen to be driving along the road where bad guys are executing Stage Two of their scheme... but it taxes my ability to suspend my disbelief that Drummond and Phyllis's train compartment just [i]happens[/i] to be next to the ones reserved by the bad guy. There's also the issue that Phyllis seems just a tiny bit too shrewish at times during the film; it's hardly Hugh's fault that a suitcase and a severed arm literally dropped out of the sky as he was returning from London.

I recommend this film if you enjoy comedies and adventure flicks from the 1930s. I also recommend this film if you enjoy the "Indiana Jones" movies; the Bulldog Drummond series reminds me of those films on several levels.

Bulldog Drummond's Revenge
Starring: John Howard, E.E. Clive, Reginald Denny, John Barrymore, Louise Campbell, and Frank Puglia
Director: Louis King
June 27, 2006
This one isn't quite up with the other entries in the Bulldog Drummond series. The presence of John Barrymore helps considerably, but he is even a little bland in this one. Still, it is an interesting mystery with just the right touches of humor.