Bundle of Joy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Bundle of Joy Reviews

½ February 2, 2014
Bundle of Joy is a decent film. It is about an over-eager clerk in a large department store who finds an adorable baby on the steps of the foundling home and the folks inside mistake her for the mother. Debbie Reynolds and Eddie Fisher give good performances. The screenplay is enjoyable but a little slow in places. Norman Taurog did an alright job directing this movie. I liked this motion picture because of the humor and music.
December 19, 2013
Not as good as the original Bachelor Mother with Ginger Rogers, who is fantastic in the role, but entertaining enough, true to the original story, and a pretty adorable baby.
½ May 19, 2013
My kinda oldie but goodie
December 20, 2011
It's clearly a B movie but I love it for what it's worth. A romantic comedy with Eddie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds (not to mention a cameo with Lauren Bacall!) about a single woman accidentally adopting a child after getting fired. Such a great timepiece into 1956! I keep thinking, "wow this is what my dad used to live like with grandma and grandpa". Imagining Debbie Reynolds as my grandma? Yes please!
½ August 19, 2011
Cute remake of Bachelor Mother,about a Salesgirl who finds a Baby on a Doorstep & everyone assumes it is hers. I Love Debbie in this Role, but it's a Toss Up for me who I prefer, Debbie Reynolds or Ginger Rogers in the same role, both comic genius with extraordinary talents in Acting, Singing, Dancing, & both with that irresistible "Cute" Factor.I never realized what a beautiful Sinatra~esque Voice Eddie Fisher had(Debbie's Real Life Hubby at the Time), maybe that's what was the appeal that got the Womanizing Cad two of the most amazing Women of the Time(He left Debbie Reynolds for Elizabeth Taylor in case your not acquainted with that bit of Hollywood Scandal)
½ May 9, 2011
Debbie Reynolds and Eddie Fisher in an enjoyable little musical that is a remake of the elder film Bachelor Mother. Debbie who was 4 months pregnant herself during the making of this also does quite a lively jitterbug in this. Fun old film.
January 3, 2011
I thought this was adorable. Silly, but adorable. Whats up with the final scene when he says he believes her because the baby is his? Also was surprised that Debbie Reynolds & Eddie Fisher were married when this movie was filmed because I didn't see any chemistry between the two. Maybe its no wonder he left Debbie for Liz Taylor when he filmed Butterfield 8 with Liz?
March 27, 2010
Debbie Reynolds. the only reason to watch this movie. If you are an obsessed fan of Debbie, by all means, watch it. But I hate Eddie Fisher and I didn't like their chemistry.
I came to know this movie when my mom got it for a Friday night with the family. My mom loves this movie. She will breakout singing 'How I love my pretty baby' putting on her googly eyes and twisting her body to the slow, tepid song. There is no doubt that I chuckle at the absurdity of my mother; she is making a fool out of herself for a movie she loves. I would do the same. The difference between my mother and I is that I would be a fool for a movie with quality while she chooses to be a fool for a movie like this.
Bundle of Joy is a remake of the beautiful comedy 'Bachelor Mother' with Ginger Rogers and David Niven. Although the two scripts are very similar, Bachelor Mother proves to be the better of the two. Bachelor Mother is not a musical, thank goodness. Debbie and Eddie were cast because they could use their well known talents as singers to advance the popularity of this movie. Bundle of Joy was a vehicle to give attention to the voices of the starring couple. And Bachelor Mother doesn't rely on the script, but the actors, to make the movie funny. Debbie Reynolds is funny. Eddie Fisher, not so much. Why was he cast into this movie? He is married to Debbie Reynolds so (it is assumed) they have excellent chemistry. Here's a hint... they get divorced. Go figure that chemistry out.
Bundle of Joy is not worth your time unless there is no possibility of watching Bachelor Mother. Let's be honest. who would you rather watch, Ginger Rogers and David Niven or Debbie Reynolds and Eddie Fisher?
May 3, 2009
This is a good remake if you like the storyline. This was a remake of the black and white film, 'Bachelor Mother' with Rogers and Niven
½ January 3, 2009
innocuous trifle with Debbie, who was expecting Carrie Fisher at the time, appealing. As an actor Eddie was a pretty good singer.
December 25, 2008
I love this movie, it is so cute!!
May 12, 2008
I caught this movie on a boring Sunday afternoon. It is surprisingly funny and entertaining.
½ April 28, 2008
My kinda oldie but goodie
March 28, 2008
More average remake of "Bachelor Mother". Reynolds is very good, but Fisher is nowhere near as good as David Niven.
January 9, 2008
i used to watch this over and over when i was a little girl
January 4, 2008
My all time fav. Christmas movie. I love Debbie Reynolds!
December 28, 2007
So cute. Love the old stuff!
December 25, 2007
Somehow, two years in a row, I have ended up watching this movie on Christmas. It kind of makes little to no sense, but it's a pleasant enough outdated romantic comedy.
½ December 22, 2007
Cute remake of "Bachelor Mother" but the original is far better. An interesting piece of trivia: Debbie was pregnant at the time of filming. She and husband Eddie would soon welcome their daughter, Carrie Fisher (that's Princess Leia to all you nerds out there).
December 8, 2007
This is my favorite movie. I love Debbie Reynolds and the story is just plain adorable.