Bundle of Joy Reviews

• Dec 16, 2017

Painful attempt at comedy where absolutely nothing works. The script is among the worst that I've seen from the 1950's. The characters behave in ways that only characters in a poor written plotted show would act. The sprinkling of songs are just as unmemorable. Poor Eddie Fisher should stick to singing only.

• Feb 02, 2014

Bundle of Joy is a decent film. It is about an over-eager clerk in a large department store who finds an adorable baby on the steps of the foundling home and the folks inside mistake her for the mother. Debbie Reynolds and Eddie Fisher give good performances. The screenplay is enjoyable but a little slow in places. Norman Taurog did an alright job directing this movie. I liked this motion picture because of the humor and music.

• Dec 19, 2013

Not as good as the original Bachelor Mother with Ginger Rogers, who is fantastic in the role, but entertaining enough, true to the original story, and a pretty adorable baby.

• May 19, 2013

My kinda oldie but goodie

My kinda oldie but goodie

• Dec 20, 2011

It's clearly a B movie but I love it for what it's worth. A romantic comedy with Eddie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds (not to mention a cameo with Lauren Bacall!) about a single woman accidentally adopting a child after getting fired. Such a great timepiece into 1956! I keep thinking, "wow this is what my dad used to live like with grandma and grandpa". Imagining Debbie Reynolds as my grandma? Yes please!

• Jul 14, 2011

Cute remake of Bachelor Mother,about a Salesgirl who finds a Baby on a Doorstep & everyone assumes it is hers. I Love Debbie in this Role, but it's a Toss Up for me who I prefer, Debbie Reynolds or Ginger Rogers in the same role, both comic genius with extraordinary talents in Acting, Singing, Dancing, & both with that irresistible "Cute" Factor.I never realized what a beautiful Sinatra~esque Voice Eddie Fisher had(Debbie's Real Life Hubby at the Time), maybe that's what was the appeal that got the Womanizing Cad two of the most amazing Women of the Time(He left Debbie Reynolds for Elizabeth Taylor in case your not acquainted with that bit of Hollywood Scandal)

• May 09, 2011

Debbie Reynolds and Eddie Fisher in an enjoyable little musical that is a remake of the elder film Bachelor Mother. Debbie who was 4 months pregnant herself during the making of this also does quite a lively jitterbug in this. Fun old film.

• Jan 03, 2011

I thought this was adorable. Silly, but adorable. Whats up with the final scene when he says he believes her because the baby is his? Also was surprised that Debbie Reynolds & Eddie Fisher were married when this movie was filmed because I didn't see any chemistry between the two. Maybe its no wonder he left Debbie for Liz Taylor when he filmed Butterfield 8 with Liz?

• Feb 23, 2009

This is a good remake if you like the storyline. This was a remake of the black and white film, 'Bachelor Mother' with Rogers and Niven

• jay n Super Reviewer
    Jan 03, 2009

innocuous trifle with Debbie, who was expecting Carrie Fisher at the time, appealing. As an actor Eddie was a pretty good singer.