Buried Alive - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Buried Alive Reviews

½ May 2, 2015
good.....ok....but extremely short! 1hr 5 minutes
½ December 31, 2012
If you find yourself owning this movie then go ahead and just throw it in the trash. This movie is an absolute waste of time. It's as if a middle school student wrote this. The acting is on par with an elementary school play, the story is more predictable then the tides and the story is just stupid. These characters do not act like human beings. "Oh I just saw my friend kidnapped via our web cam, but I'm not going to call the cops I'm going to do a webcast about how I'm not sure why she wont return my phone calls" YOU WATCHED THE KIDNAPPING!!!!! CALL THE FUCKING COPS!!!!!! Seriously she never calls the cops she just keeps wandering around acting like a whack job. Lets not also forget the brother who thinks she is crazy despite the evidence showing the kidnappings. Do not ever watch this movie. If I could rate this any lower I would.
½ August 19, 2012
Candidate for the worst movie ever
April 15, 2012
Interesting concept, fairly well executed. I think I can honestly say I fairly enjoyed this one, if only for the ending. But what is it with slasher flicks and sex??
April 15, 2012
March 6, 2012
This movie was short....but a good horror film
Japes
February 5, 2012
It's a low budget flick most likely used as a student film or whatever. Roughly 20 or so people actually worked on the film.

The movie is about 5 or so kids that find themselves buried underground. As the plot unfolds, we learn why they were put there and who did it to them. A couple of friends of the buried kids tries to rescue them and figure out the mystery.

The acting was terrible, but at least the actors were trying. They weren't trying to suck; they wanted to be good. They failed miserably, but hey at least they tried. The characters themselves were very cliched and stereotyped. There was nothing original about the characters at all. They had shallow personalities and stereotypical ones at that (e.g. the douchebag boyfriend, the slutty girl, etc.)

The plot wasn't 100% absolutely awful....it had the basis of a pretty interesting premise...but it failed. At the beginning, we see all the kids get kidnapped (which is really fake and poorly executed) then we see them as they wake up in their new surroundings underground (which include hints as to why they were buried). As one girl is skyping with her friend, she sees the kidnapping take place and immediately starts to search for the truth and her friend. The one main flaw in the plot is the fact that the girl who witnessed the kidnapping didn't call the police. "If I call the police he will kill them all!" was the girl's excuse for choosing to leave the cops out of it. It was very irrational and stupid. Anyway, as the plot unfolds the audience learns that all of the kids that were buried alive were mean and bullied one boy named Tommy and their punishment is to suffer underground like Tommy suffered through his torture. That was also cliche, and has been done before. There was a nice twist at the end, which I admit was kind of predictable, but whatever at least it had something.

The movie editing of this film was a little...weird. The movie uses flashbacks in order to give some background information- which helps to tell the story quite well, but every time this movie switched shots or changed scenes there would be like static or roll taping effects that made the movie seem like it had been damaged or something. I guess it was trying to be one of those "found mockumentary" type films, but it just was annoying more than anything else. Plus the whole time and date thing in the corner of the screen for the flashbacks made it seem like Paranormal Activity and it came off as unoriginal bullshit. The flashbacks were the other weird things. I think the flashbacks should've been like the characters were remembering a certain scene that took place, rather than it being that the characters filmed a scene by themselves like a home video. All the flashbacks seemed like home videos and it was so stupid. Why were they filming such random scenes where nothing remotely interesting was happening? One of the characters actually asks this question and is answered by his friend "I just want to remember the good times for when I get older." This is a bullshit answer and obviously so set up. The filmmakers answered the questions audiences most likely would've been asking because this movie was so illogical. The excuses the filmmakers have their characters say are just so stupid. The plot and writing needed work. It was just so weird and dumb.

Good effort though. I don't mind watching low budget flicks that suck...as long as some effort is shown so I'm able to appreciate the film a little tiny bit. The plot itself could've been pretty good if there had been some depth to it. There was a little bit of depth, but it was barely noticeable. The plot just needed to be more organized and focused then it wouldn't have been so bad.
½ December 14, 2011
May 31, 2011
This is a very smart horror movie...the only problem is that it's way way way way way too short with an approximate time of 65 minutes.
½ March 28, 2011
STOP. Just... please, stop.
March 14, 2011
bad acting, bad scripts, bad everything
August 26, 2010
Reminded me of a Blair Witch-like rendition of Saw.
April 26, 2010
Honestly, Buried Alive may be my least favorite movie ever created. The film advertizes itself as a suspense/horror movie, but the only horror is how this movie was made. There's no real plot and after about 10 minutes, I was counting the clock down. The idea of the film is that an emotionally and socially retarded stalker gets sad when the friends of the girl he's stalking make fun of him for it. They are major assholes, but more on that later. Anyways, now he plots his ultimate revenge by burying them underground in different tombs all around the area near a construction zone. He also makes a tomb for his lover and wraps it in bubble wrap and fiberglass, but he keeps her tomb above ground and feeds her apples. Yeah, it's stupid. Oh, and I forgot to mention that the most unlikable character is trying to figure this mystery out.

The characters are even worse than the story in this movie. I've already discussed Mr. Creeper, but there is also about 5 unlikable jocks, and you all want to put your foot up their @$$'. As punishment for riducling him for stalking their friend (such as tricking him into drinking a beer bottle of jock pee-pee), well, I've already discussed his over-the top-but still-terrible-revenge. The protagonist, if you can call her that, is the most unlikable, oblivious, unaware person I've ever seen. I often found myself wanting to hate-f&*# the shit out of her just so she would have to constantly go through the pain of child birth. Maybe she would have learned to be more precarious, becuase she trespasses everywhere without thinking twice. Overall, Buried Alive is the most uniteresting movie with the most unlikely characters. It only recieved a 10% becuase my computer isn't letting me give it a 0. In terms of math, it's equation goes Buried Alive+ 64 minutes you could have back to do more fun things, such as drinking gasoline or swallow porcupine quills. (Note: It's now a law to burn this movie on the spot, even if it is in a store)
½ July 27, 2009
For a low budget movie, this was pretty well done. I liked the concept but the beginning was a little slow.
½ July 7, 2009
color me surprised. Decent acting and a rather decent twist made this a film that I didn't feel cheated after watching it. It isn't something I'll ever watch again but it did its job fairly well. Some serious issues though... the lead character was really stupid and there were plenty of moments where the police should have been involved. The "kills" weren't all that original but the claustrophobic build up to each death was marginally engaging. Like I said, not a perfect movie but entertaining enough.
½ May 13, 2009
Even though I had the ending figured out within the first 5 minutes, I still enjoyed this movie.
March 31, 2009
i didnt really expect anything from this movie. but surprisingly this was actually a pretty decent horror movie for what it is. the actors did an overall nice job at capturing that claustrophobic feeling. there was a nice little twist at the end so i guess it keeps you watching, and its a brief 64 minutes so its not like a waste of your life or anything
March 9, 2009
it was the regular kill the dumb teens movie but i ended up thinking this one wasnt so bad and it didnt bore me and i did like how it ended
½ February 21, 2009
Quite disappointing. This movie would have been pretty good, but it just didn't work. The coffin designs were interesting i guess. The movie just wasn't very compelling.