Burma VJ: Reporter i et Lukket Land (Burma VJ: Reporting from a Closed Country) Reviews

• Aug 28, 2017

the moment when you can't speak.

the moment when you can't speak.

• Jul 07, 2013

A great look into what was going on in Burma in 2007/08. While other documentaries sometimes have you look through the eyes of the victims, this one has you look through the eyes of the reporters on the ground capturing the oppression at great risk to themselves.

• Feb 17, 2013

A doc. about brave reporters in Burma that risk their lives to get the truth out about the brutality of the police state.

• Nov 12, 2012

A film I really liked until I thought a bit about it and which I still want to like. This film is so stuffed with recreated and redramatized scenes that it's a bit difficult to take seriously as a documentary. So heavily edited to stay on a very specific message, but still leaving tons of interesting (and obvious) questions not only unanswered but unasked, I found it to be one of the most disappointing films on Burma I've seen to date.

• Aug 16, 2012

Powerful. Wonderful coverage of a truly brave social movement. Inspires hope!

Powerful. Wonderful coverage of a truly brave social movement. Inspires hope!

• Apr 15, 2012

The most inspiring piece of documentary cinema ever made.

The most inspiring piece of documentary cinema ever made.

• Apr 14, 2012

excellent and a powerful reminder of times past in burma

excellent and a powerful reminder of times past in burma

• Apr 05, 2012

An Oscar nominated documentary film that, from start to finish, is a tense and moving picture about the atrocities that are happening to the people of Burma, which borders India, China, and Thailand. The militaristic government is violent, repressive, and totalitarian towards its people, but most are too afraid to fight it. The movie follows 30 reporters who risk their lives taking video of what is happening, and sending it out through the internet for the world to see. It is haunting, yet hopeful.

• Mar 23, 2012

Gripping indeed, the hunter became the hunted, the monks got squashed, god rest their soul.

• Jan 22, 2012

My only complaint is they did not indicate which scenes were re-constructed and which were genuine. Some of the scenes were incredibly moving in particular because I thought they were real footage, but I would feel deceived if they turned out to be re-constructed scenes.