Burn - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Burn Reviews

January 8, 2015
I liked a lot of what this film was trying to say and I respect these men who go out every night in an attempt to save their home city. However, as good as the intentions of the film are, it suffered from being too erratic with it's narrative from time to time.
December 17, 2014
The greatest Fire Department on the face of the planet. Hands down! GREAT FILM that tells a great story! We need to see a BURN 2 in the works.
November 24, 2014
Not available streaming netflix.bummer
August 29, 2014
good info on what goes on but way too long, half the time would be better
August 4, 2014
Netflix 8/4/14
A sad commentary on a city, a cultural class and a political leadership that has overseen the decline of a major american city and the services it provides its citizens. A story that is both uplifting in the work of the firefighters and depressing in the environment they function in.
½ August 4, 2014
A character driven documentary, the struggle of being a fire fighter in Detroit...
½ May 26, 2014
No happy ending in this look inside the lives of Detroit firefighters. A fine piece of documentary filmmaking.
May 9, 2014
I watched this documentary on net flix. I was stunned and watched this is horror at what the fire fighters are having to do and how they have to put themselves at risk by responding to nothing but empty burning buildings. So many people left Detroit that there are empty homes everywhere making for a canvas of sorts for people that have nothing to do buy burn them down. The fire chiefs are horrible and useless and are shown blaming the fire fighters for the buget problems and equitment failures.
½ January 13, 2014
Interesting look at firefighting in Detroit. Their arson rates are ridiculous.
December 20, 2013
This was pretty awesome.
December 17, 2013
I'd highly recommend to anyone who wants to understand what we do, what we go through as firefighters and the bond we share between us. A truly inspiring documentary.
December 11, 2013
Awesome and eye opening !
December 10, 2013
Depressing documentary about the daily struggles of Detroits Fire Dept.
December 9, 2013
A beautifully shot and informative look at firefighting in Chicago, a city where there fire seems to be winning.
December 7, 2013
What a fantastic documentary. I suggest everyone check it out.
December 4, 2013
Phenomenal documentary about fire fighting in Detroit. It does a wonderful job of showing how everyone, the people of Detroit, firefighters and the politicians are all in a bind and how they are trying with the aid of a new Fire Commissioner to try and make the situation better.
December 3, 2013
This movie delves into uncharted water, giving the audience a true view of the Detroit Fire Department. Focused on the lives of one fire house, Burn delivers a humanizing tale of courage, honor, and a passion for the job.
November 29, 2013
*Netflix Review* A very good documentary about the Detroit firefighters. Interesting and since I am from Detroit, I also found it to be frustrating and depressing. It also makes you appreciate life based off of an emotional character study of the firefighters. I highly recommend this to people from Detroit and others that are interested in the life of firefighters fighting fires in a city in decline. Good film.
November 27, 2013
Critics have this 100% and viewers 94%. It's worth every bit of that and more. One of the best documentaries I've ever seen. Takes a look at the Detroit fire/EMS system and you can imagine with the economy/city in bankruptcy, the conditions for these guys are deplorable. Much is lost. Yet they rise above the ashes. Never found myself wanting to jump up and cheer at many documentaries.
November 16, 2013
Great movie. Good story and non political.