Burning Down the House: The Story of CBGB Reviews

• Dec 31, 2013

A largely sentimental documentary of the final months of the Valhalla of New York punk clubs and the failed attempts to save it.

• Nov 17, 2009

As we watch the movie we consume Hilly and his CBGB as well.

As we watch the movie we consume Hilly and his CBGB as well.

• Nov 08, 2009

As documentaries go, this one is pretty standard and straight forward. Nothing insightful, nothing groundbreaking, and depending on your own knowledge of the times, the music, and the history, nothing new to learn. Spliced together fragments of everyone from Talking Heads to Blondie to Television (and of course the Ramones)... the best I think was the tranny (sorry transexual for the PC crowd) with Toilet Love... Everything you expect to be there is pretty much there, but not in any great detail, any great depth or anything more then asort of scrap book look last horrah look at a slice of Music History. Not bad, but again, sometimes the expected does not always make the most intersting.