Bush Family Fortunes: The Best Democracy Money Can Buy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Bush Family Fortunes: The Best Democracy Money Can Buy Reviews

½ April 16, 2013
This film may demoralize, or make you mad. Likely both. Three generations of political Bush's - any more in our future?
February 21, 2011
scarier than anything else I've watched recently....i really thought that...oh look snooki!
August 9, 2010
A masterful piece of muck-raking agit-prop which made some major revelations...

American investigative journalist Greg Palast (‚??Orwell Rolls in His Grave‚?? & ‚??Unprecedented‚??) reteams with co-director Steven Grandison for this Disinformation Company released post Iraq invasion re-edit of their BBC muck-racking report of the same name, which inspired ‚??Farenheit 9/11‚?? by Michael Moore.

Presenter Greg Palast hounds George W. Bush and his dynasty, uncovering his military service controversy as well as examining the 2000 US Presidential Election Florida recount, the Enron deregulation and business connections to the Bin Laden family, which resulted in him blocking FBI investigations that could of prevented the September 11th attacks.

Greg Palast makes a wry and cynical narrator who draws some insightful interviews from headliners Jim Hightower, Bill White and Bill Burkett, as well as some entertainment from the loathsome Andrea & Dean McWilliams, the larger-than-life Nick Kralj and the deranged Wayne Madsen, not to forget brief appearances from Ron Motley and General Jay Garner.

The journalist turned debut filmmakers put forward his ‚??Bush-cycle‚?? hypothesis in an entertaining little film which only occasionally loses its way in flashy graphics and Moby music, thankfully absent in the BBC original, and despite some over editorialising from its fedora and raincoat clad host has some genuine revelations since overexposed by Michael Moore.

‚??Oil is thicker than blood.‚??
½ June 17, 2010
Nothing that I hadn't already heard here: the Bush family, ENRON, Iraq, oil, etc. More than anything, it's a sad reminder of how morally bankrupt the executive has been for the last 20 years. Final grade: B
November 17, 2009
George Armstrong Custer of 21 Century, the difference this time there were no American Natives
Who Custer is? Go get the fukin info on Wikipedia
I cannt repeat enough Bush was a PAIN IN THE ASS! Well however I think some American Fellows are really naiv dont blame you!

Yeah Iran with Russia and US wif Israel. What a breeding sow. All we can do is to pretend DUMBASSES and get screwed wif our taxes every year;)
October 23, 2009
This is great if you STILL think this nation is a "democracy," and can't realize how we are literally a "capitalist dictatorship (capital dictates)."
August 19, 2008
How is this guy are president? We would be better off if the mafia was running the show.
June 4, 2008
From how the election was PURCHASED to vested interest abuse of trust & power hard to find for some reason! GREAT MOVIE!
½ April 21, 2008
This was released only 3 months after Michael Moore's FAHRENHEIT 9/11 and it covers a lot of the same stuff. Still it's all interesting even though we'll probably never find out the truth. How did Bush become a National Guard pilot with a test score of 25 out of 100? Palast talks about the Bush Cycle -- Bush campaigns are funded by big execs of corporations -> a Bush gets in office -> big execs get government contracts -> a Bush makes board of directors of those corporations. Palast also mentions the Bush family's connection with the Saudi royal family; how the Saudis invested money into Bush's failed companies in order to get protection when a Bush became president. The part that got my attention though was about the 2000 election. Apparently, 94-thousand voters weren't allowed to vote because Jeb Bush hired a private company to create a voter/felon list. Felons aren't allowed to vote in Florida, but 95% of the people listed were NOT felons. The list was not verified due to a directive for Jeb Bush's office. Dubya ended up winning Florida by 537 votes according to Katherine Harris, who just so happened to be the co-chairperson of the Bush campaign in Florida. Oh, and you gotta love Operation Iraqi Liberation (OIL). When Bush decided to go to war in Iraq, what was it he told the Iraqi people? Oh yeah, "In any conflict, your fate will depend on your action. Do not destroy oil wells, a source of wealth that belongs to the Iraqi people." Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if the 22nd Amendment gets rewritten before the year is over in order to allow a person to be elected president more than twice.
½ April 2, 2008
Bush and everyone who voted for him need to be shot in the face.
He is the epitome of corruption and evil.
His family and the good old boys that have paved the way for he and his father
should be burned alive.
½ March 24, 2008
This movie had potential, but fell through the cracks. To bad.
February 24, 2008
Palast employs his New York sense of cynicism to tell the story of perhaps the most crooked dynasty in recent history. Not the best documentary ever, but educational.
January 27, 2008
I'm always a believer in looking at all points of view. Certainly not what you would see on Fox News.
November 26, 2007
you couldn't pay me to watch this BULLSHIT!
November 9, 2007
Here is the dirty secrets of why Gore didnt get to the oval office and a lot more news you suspected but may not want to know the details of VERY INFORMATIVE.
October 26, 2007
makes you see just how corrupt the bush family is. great doc- i highly recommend it.
June 19, 2007
Greg Palast flick describing the things that come with influence.
June 10, 2007
i have no clue y i watched this cause im not even american......
May 6, 2007
You have got to be kidding
April 22, 2007
Unbelievable ever made President, then again we got Howard!!!!