Bushwhacked Reviews

• Apr 01, 2019

The film gave Daniel Stern a chance to mug for the camera as much as he could. It was originally pitched as a Home Alone spin off and for a spin off movie it is just okay at best. It is fun seeing Daniel Stern technically play Marv from Home Alone again but mugs for the camera at any chance he can get and barely gives his co stars a chance to act and seems that they are only there just to watch Daniel Stern act.

• Apr 28, 2017

4/26/2017: Not a good movie and not funny at all. Very disappointing.

4/26/2017: Not a good movie and not funny at all. Very disappointing.

• Dec 28, 2016

I don't care watch the reviews say! I love this film! My guilty pleasure movie. Daniel Stern steals the show "Blau myself off"

• Nov 14, 2016

Daniel Stern is back playing a slightly smarter version of his Home Alone character in a more kid-friendly film, the film although filled with flaws, possesses enough heart and laughs to be watchable. If you enjoyed Home Alone, Heavyweights, The Big Green and Carpool you will probably enjoy this one as well.

• May 26, 2016

Criminal hides out as a troop leader in this awful family comedy.

Criminal hides out as a troop leader in this awful family comedy.

• Feb 19, 2016

hilarious - underrated- stern is a genius

hilarious - underrated- stern is a genius

• Dec 31, 2015

One of my childhood favorites. If you don't like this movie you have no soul.

One of my childhood favorites. If you don't like this movie you have no soul.

• May 06, 2015

I saw this when I was a kid and had fond memories of it. As an adult, it was a very different experience. It's dumb...EXTREMELY dumb. Here's an example of its stupidity: When he starts leading the kids into the woods, Max is being bothered by mosquitoes. One of the kids hands him a bottle of repellent and he drinks it. I know it's a movie, but what kind of moron doesn't know how mosquito repellent works? It's so unbelievably stupid that it takes you out of the story. Also, the scenes where he has all the boys peeing of the side of the mountain and where he explains sex to them come off extremely creepy. The sex talk scene seems really out of place for a film like this. To be honest, it's a terrible movie. Kids might enjoy it, but adults will probably either just roll their eyes at the jokes or give a confused "what the hell?" look.

• Apr 24, 2015

Home Alone meets the Mighty Ducks only with less originality or any for that matter.I laughed a total of......well I'm still waiting.

• Sep 11, 2014

A dimwitted deliveryman finds himself framed for murder. In attempts to escape, he hides by posing as a Ranger Scouts leader. Daniel Stern is a funny man. He is very expressive and has a lot of physical humor. Making him the lead role might work if there is good enough support around him, but this movie offers nothing else. It forces Stern to overcompensate, as he lays it on too thick. This is a movie for kids; nevertheless, it does not have much going for it. The kids in the scout troop are simply so dumb and gullible they are frustrating. Worse, yet, they are not funny. Eventually, the kids wise up to their imposter scoutmaster, but it does not get any better from there. It is one preposterous gag after another. The tone is right, but it is too dumb even for younger audiences. As a 10-year-old, I found myself amused by Stern, but it was not particularly special even then. It offers less as an adult and is completely forgettable.