La Soga (The Butcher's Son) Reviews

• Apr 21, 2020

I loved the story of La Soga and how the movie portrayed corruption. It all comes full circle at the end.

• Jul 30, 2018

Personally, I've seen these types of movies too many times.

Personally, I've seen these types of movies too many times.

• Aug 13, 2013

"La Soga" is a surprisingly emotional tale about the criminal connection between NYC and the Domican Republic. It centers around a butcher's son who was too sensitive to kill a pig. Through intermittent flashbacks we see why he turns into a lethal cop known as "The Rope". "This is a gritty urban drama that transcends language and culture." "It's a thrilling ride" and "keeps the audience engaged right to the last frame."

• Mar 18, 2013

The Best Dominican Film of all Time.

The Best Dominican Film of all Time.

• Jan 28, 2013

Esta pelicula retratata de una manera muy realista el mundo de la corrupcion actual (tanto en policias como en ladrones), en la Republica Dominicana, Manny Perez (Crooklyn), Juan Fernandez (Arachnophobia) & Paul Calderon (Pulp Fiction) estan muy bien (hablando su idioma original ESPAÑOL), y aunque es obvio que la pelicula esta hecha con un bajo presupuesto el resultado esta de primera calidad.Muy buena.

• Jan 19, 2013

It was okay... the violence end of it seemed true-to-fact, the ending... not so realistic.

• Apr 12, 2012

one of my favorites!

one of my favorites!

• Mar 14, 2012

It's kind of interesting. Foolish characters, no doubt.

It's kind of interesting. Foolish characters, no doubt.

• Mar 14, 2012

Damn, a little exaggeration on the corruption and execution part. But overall pretty good

• Jan 18, 2012

First time seeing a Dominican movie and it was surprisingly good. Compares in a good way with some of the more popular Colombian and Mexican films. Gives a good insight on the realities and struggles with corruption in Latin American Countries. Supposed to be based on real life events that occurred.