The Butcher's Wife - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Butcher's Wife Reviews

½ April 1, 2016
I wouldn't elaborate if I didn't have to. Demi Moore is a joke from the moment you clap eyes on her, especially in this film, and then of all things, she opens her mouth! That puts the last nail in the coffin, you might say. Blech.
March 19, 2016
It's a shame "The Butcher's Wife" isn't a better-known film. It's original, dreamy, and isn't afraid to be romantic or funny.
September 11, 2015
Mary Steenburgen is awesome. This movie is not.
February 28, 2015
It's a sweet movie. I personally enjoy the added magic and the chemistry between Demi Moore and Jeff Daniels. I recommend to people who want to relax and enjoy a good comedy.
August 30, 2013
Underrated fun movie... Not a critics favorite choice but a good easy movie to watch
July 19, 2013
Cute movie to watch on a lazy Sunday afternoon!
½ April 10, 2013
That's one of the reason why I hate several romantic comedys.
August 22, 2012
The Butcher's Wife is a perfect example of what NOT to do when making a fantasy themed movie.
What drew my attention in the first place was the witchcraft factor, theirs something inticing about magic. However this film lacked a special potion or spell to keep me fixated. Demi Moore does what she's best at being a pretty face, with a vacant stare and lack of being intuned to her role. I wasn't convinced by her acting, or the storyline. Don't waste your time.
½ May 20, 2012
I wish it wasn't Demi Moore, but I still enjoyed it. Fun movie.
January 23, 2012
Why would I relate to a movie about someone who thinks she knows it all?
What I love most about this one is that it believes there is someone for everyone even though it may not be who you'd expect.
January 10, 2012
funny. guilty pleasure
October 12, 2011
This is one of those films that I would generally find irritatingly boring and bad. I'm not a fan of Demi Moore as she's never done anything that's made me go 'Wow!'

However, I have to say that I actually enjoyed this movie for what it was. It's a romantic fantasy wracked with all sorts of bad cliche. As a movie that's bathed in sappiness this one does the trick. The acting isn't terribly good, but it manages to find some kind of redeeming heart.

If there is any message to this pretty good garbage its that maybe just when we think we found the right person were meant to be with, it turns out we were wrong and its actually someone else.

This is also the failing of the movie which should've been taken a little more seriously. Still it wasn't as bad as the critics made it out to be. Some of us like this crap.
June 28, 2011
i like mary steenburgen voice
½ December 27, 2010
Demi looks beautiful on the movie's cover but it doesn't translate well onto screen - blonde just isn't her color. With a dull storyline and uninspired performances, The Butcher's Wife is missing all the magic it needs. One of Demi's worst movies, if not the worst.
November 21, 2010
Alright for a 90s romance flick
August 5, 2010
beautiful love story
June 16, 2010
I havent seen the Butcher's wife?
½ March 23, 2010
A little bit slly but it was ok, Demi Moore was good as the butcher's wife. The film has a subtle magical element to it but that is quickly traded in for the typical hollywood formula in the 2nd half. A watchable 'cute' film but at the end your not left with much...
March 2, 2010
Hancock is my split apart but my therapist is my soul mate