The Butcher's Wife Reviews

• Dec 23, 2020

The movie was refreshing, light entertainment, joyous. Made me laugh, made my mum laugh. Take some time out from stress, you don't need to invest yourself, figure it out or be convinced - just sit back and enjoy. The last movie we sat through for the duration, and both enjoyed, was Predestination. If there is a place for Predestination then there is a place for The Butcher's Wife.

• Jun 23, 2020

It has been a long time since I have seen this movie, but I read that it was panned by reviewers, and even Demi Moore regretted starring in this movie. But, for me this movie is very special, and I loved it a lot.

• Apr 15, 2020

Must be living in an alternate universe when I look at the universally low reviews for this movie .. it's not perfect but has oodles of charm and Demi Moore is wonderful as the seductive, good natured new mystery girl in town, and Jeff Daniels, a little too restrained for my liking, but a good supporting lead none the less.. Character development may not be its strongest point and perhaps a little predictable, but come on... light hearted whimsical and good natured... no way as bad as review scores suggest.

• Nov 29, 2018

This is a fantastic movie! The proformances are wonderful. Mary Stenbergen alone is one of my favorites of ll time. It is super romantic, super funny, and even poetic. LOVE this movie! I have no idea how you could have rated it low. What did you expect of a fantasy romance movie... car chases?! It is on the level of Moonstruck. Fantastic movie.

• Oct 18, 2018

Critics get paid for their good reviews so do not believe them. This a good movie with a surprising cast. Enjoy.

• Jan 04, 2018

A great cast is wasted on a forgettable comedy that feels like it was churned out without much care. The very pretty Demi Moore and Mary Steenburgen provide the only highlights in a wasted comedy.

• Apr 01, 2016

I wouldn't elaborate if I didn't have to. Demi Moore is a joke from the moment you clap eyes on her, especially in this film, and then of all things, she opens her mouth! That puts the last nail in the coffin, you might say. Blech.

• Dec 08, 2015

It's a shame "The Butcher's Wife" isn't a better-known film. It's original, dreamy, and isn't afraid to be romantic or funny.

• Sep 11, 2015

Mary Steenburgen is awesome. This movie is not.

Mary Steenburgen is awesome. This movie is not.

• Feb 28, 2015

It's a sweet movie. I personally enjoy the added magic and the chemistry between Demi Moore and Jeff Daniels. I recommend to people who want to relax and enjoy a good comedy.