Butterfly - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Butterfly Reviews

½ November 12, 2014
Harlequin68
January 7, 2005
[font=Century Gothic][color=green] "Butterfly" is a documentary about Julia 'Butterfly' Hill who spent two brave years sitting high up in a tree to protest the clear cutting of California forests. Both sides of the argument are given - ranging from the environmental activists - who work in a collectivist organization and espouse non-violent civil disobedience - to the lumber company and the workers who are affected by the activists' actions. I especially liked the local police officer who was interviewed and explained where the law stood. The activists occasionally seem dopey but it is especially pleasant to hear messages of peace and love in this day and age. And yes, this should have been better but it is still an effective document of modern day activism. [/color][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][color=#008000] But I was still disappointed that nobody mentioned Henry David Thoreau.[/color][/font]