Butterfly Ball - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Butterfly Ball Reviews

June 16, 2017
The 1970's gave us such great rock operas as David Bowie's Ziggy Stardust, Tommy by the Who and Pink Floyd's The Wall. The Butterfly Ball doesn't even deserve to be mentioned amongst these greats. This abominable piece of odious offal is woefully inadequate from the lackluster direction to the cheap costume rentals to the shoddy production values. Do yourself a favor and pass on this loser.
½ June 16, 2017
Poor Vincent Price. You know he regretted making this wasted acid trip of a movie. SAVE YOUR MONEY AND AVOID THIS GARBAGE.
½ June 16, 2017
This is what happens when you let a 9 year old direct a rock movie.
½ June 16, 2017
So bad I wish I could slap the idiot who made it.
½ June 16, 2017
Can I get my 85 minutes back I wasted on this crap?
August 3, 2013
A performance of Roger Glover's "The Butterfly Ball" was filmed in 1977 by Tony Klinger, who notably produced "The Kids Are Alright". The performance was for charity, so most of the musicians associated with the all-star album reappear here. Almost anybody associated with Deep Purple appears (except for Ritchie Blackmore) and a host of musicians from closely associated bands. Fans of the region where prog rock meets heavy metal will find a lot to like here, but frankly, the quality of the music is uneven. For every great track, there's a lousy one. One issue is that Glover seems to have been committed to having a different singer for every track. Asa result, some guys get songs that fit their vocal style (David Coverdale), some really do not (Ian Gillan). A huge downside is the live action dramatizations involving people in dime-store animal costumes. They are cheap, creepy and just drag the whole thing down.

Interesting aside ... Al Matthews who went on to play Sgt. Apone in "Aliens" is one of the singers.
½ February 17, 2010
awful, truly awful the basis of awful only got ten percent because i had to.