Butterfly Dreaming - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

ok mystery suspenser
October 2, 2014
another supermarket DVD 2.99 DVD combo pack purchase
September 19, 2013
The trouble with having your main character not able to tell the difference between his reality and dreams is that consequently the audience cannot either. While Andrew Bowen did a good job with it, I really didn't appreciate the character of care what was happening to him because I never got grounded. A jumbled mess of a story with characters you don't want to know. My favorite character, the only one I could relate to, is the wife, and she died at the beginning.
September 21, 2010
Full of mystery, intrigue, and ambiguity; Rufus Williams' debut film matches the quality of most Hollywood films, on an undoubtedly much smaller budget.
neffielee
July 31, 2010
The story and the visuals have a dreamlike quality to them. It's an interesting concept, as it seems to float from one scene to another. It blurs the lines of reality and dreams, as a man tries to remember what happened to his wife. As the viewer, we are trying to piece it together along with him. As we are attempting to make sense of it all, the ending sneaks up and makes a surprise attack. As a newcomer, it appears that Rufus Williams is attempting to follow in David Lynch's footsteps. His first attempt is pretty good.
June 6, 2010
Movie has bad acting and even worse writing. Although it has a tendency, despite these shortcomings, to keep you interested, the payoff leaves you feeling ripped off.