The Butterfly Effect - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Butterfly Effect Reviews

April 11, 2016
A time travel film done well. The story is compelling and pulls you in from the get go. The child actors stole the show.
April 6, 2016
Total classic, deserves a faar higher rating!
April 5, 2016
The Butterfly Effect is a well written movie with a heartfelt story that will leave viewers with something to think about. Add to that good performances from all the cast in particular Ashton Kutcher who brings to life a great character. In the end, the butterfly effect is a good movie.
March 25, 2016
The Butterfly Effect is a movie about a young man (played by Ashton Kutcher) who finds a way to travel back through time and alter his own past, hopefully for the better. Things don't turn out well, as the time traveler learns that any actions he takes to rectify past mistakes only winds up destroying the future for both him, and everyone else he loves. Gradually, he realizes the awful truth about himself. The truth that many of the best of us suspect about ourselves from time to time, and so many more of us desperately need to understand: life would be better for everyone if we could go back to where our mothers were going in to labor, and strangle ourselves in her womb. The Butterfly Effect is a thrilling, inventive, and yes, even dark and disturbing romantic science fiction film that managed to do the almost impossible for me: it made me care about the fate of Ashton Kutcher. If I said I loved this movie, that would be an understatement as close to a lie as an understatement can be. The Butterfly Effect is hands down one of the best movies I have ever seen in my life. If for whatever reason you haven't seen it yet, you should definitely see it. NOW.
½ March 17, 2016
Really enjoyed this. Only things missing were a credible "mother" and Christopher Nolan as Director. Ashton was very watchable and believable. His love interest even more so. Cleverly written and filmed to be digestible rather than intellectual. No bad thing. Good work.
½ February 6, 2016
One of my favorite psychological films I've seen growing up.
½ February 5, 2016
I think this film extremely underated, of course it is flawed, but a very interesting story with watchable acting, I think some people don't give the movie a chance.
January 22, 2016
I've seen it 2 times already (both the theatrical release and the director's cut). What stays with me is the stellar performance, especially the young actors. It's a clever movie that keeps you thinking. There were no unanswered question at the end of the movie. Very logical! However, this movie has extreme graphic violence as well as nudity and very explicit sexual scenes.
January 8, 2016
Suspenseful, very good movie.
½ December 29, 2015
Pritty good, was not so great the x amount of times you watch it
½ December 26, 2015
Brilliant thought-provoking movie.
December 21, 2015
excellent movie . I watch this all the time surprised it got such a bad rating from the critics ? critics don't know how to rate a movie always look at what the audience put down.
December 20, 2015
People tend to wonder what if they had changed their mind once in the past and things would turned differently in their lifetime...
½ December 7, 2015
It has been years since I've watched this movie, I'm glad I randomly scrolled upon it on Netflix's recently added section. As good as I had remembered, such a gripping movie, before I knew it an hour had passed! It can be dark at times but overall a great idea for a film. I'm not going to lie and say it couldn't be better, it has its flaws but overall 3.5/5. I would love to see it remade, I feel a lot could be done for it. The premiss has a lot of ways it could be moulded to make a far superior film. Although it's a good film and I would recommend to anyone who hasn't seen it, I feel the theatrical ending could be better and more realistic.
December 6, 2015
Surely this movie has got many defects but overall I think it's a good movie and I enjoyed watching it ... that is what is most important thing about watching movies, doesn't it?
December 4, 2015
Very Intriguing film.. Loved every second of it
November 28, 2015
Confusa, revuelta pero muy buena produccion
November 28, 2015
A movie that makes you consider how much would you really do to make the world perfect for the person you love with a wonderful storyline it develops itself into a truly unique film.
½ November 26, 2015
One of my all time favorite movies. It's obviously fantasy and fiction but it's plays to our wonder and intrigue of 'what ifs' and 'if only I had'. Maybe only folk who had a rough childhood would appreciate this film.
November 23, 2015