The Butterfly Effect 3: Revelations - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Butterfly Effect 3: Revelations Reviews

March 10, 2013
After receiving new information regarding his girlfriend's murder, Sam attempts to use his time-shifting powers to save her, but his meddling in the past unleashes a ruthless serial killer instead. Now, he is caught in a deadly game of cat and mouse as each victim he tries to save in the past only leads to more deaths in the future. THE BUTTERFLY EFFECT 3 is more careless than ever when it comes to continuity, and presumes that any audience that is already willing to accept time-travel will blindly buy in to its many plot contrivances. While this is to be expected in a film of its type, the main problem is that there are no real clues left anywhere in time that help to identify the killer. The entire build has only been a set up for the cheap and unforgivable twist in the end. Add to that the weak overall performances from Chris Carmack and the rest of the cast, and it becomes that much easier to avoid THE BUTTERFLY EFFECT 3.

-Carl Manes
I Like Horror Movies
½ January 30, 2013
As with the second movie, the only thing that ties this to the original is the concept of "jumping" back in time. The story is fair and not too hard to figure out, however one nuance of the twist didn't occur to me. The acting is fair too. The effects on the poorer side (the blood looked like chocolate). Not really worth your time, but close.
½ January 30, 2013
Los actores son atractivos y hasta cierto punto la historia logra enganchar pero se torna tan laca y retorcida que es risible
½ January 8, 2013
Hate it never watching it again, it's not a good movie, the first one was a good film, I expected better, I don't want it on DVD, it starred Chris Carmack, Rachel Miner and Melissa "Miss Horrorfest 2007" Jones
½ December 30, 2012
So much better than 2 was. And considering I didn't have to take Ashton Kutcher seriously it may have even been better than 1. 1 had a lot of potential it didn't live up to. This one had less potential, but fulfilled what it had. The acting was essentially believable. The storyline was pretty predictable, but I wasn't bored. So. Yeah, I feel accomplished now that I've finished this series.
½ December 23, 2012
Story is naff, and the twist at the end was seen coming a mile away. Was bored about half way through and managed , somehow to stay awake till the end. No where near as good as the original. Thoough not surprising as the budget was lower
November 27, 2012
Did see it on You-Tube
Not Great
Just oke
Oeps , did see it allready , second time then ...still 3 stars
September 25, 2012
What if? What if? Ever since Kootcher came into the seen in 2004 I have been enthralled with these movies. These movies are very entertaining but seem to have a higher meaning to take away from them. This movie teaches something in my opinion and that is closer. A lot of people live their lives wondering what if? Holly Brix takes a pessimistic approach while giving the answer in this movie. I think the deeper meaning to take away from it is that everything happens for a reason. The twist at the end was predictable but still enjoyable. I look forward to seeing more Brix‚(TM)s work. I also think she should retire the series so it does not get out of hand!
September 5, 2012
An improvement over part 2, but still left a lot to be desired. The acting was decent, but the story not at all compelling.
September 2, 2012
Not as good as the others as they use the time travel to solve crimes. The killer is dead obvious imo.
September 2, 2012
Fast paced and mostly interesting but its problems lie in the fact that all the pieces don't fit together by the end leaving you wondering if you missed something or the script had holes.
August 27, 2012
Not bad but shoudnt be called the butterfly effect 3
½ August 27, 2012
The Butterfly Effect series should not have gone past the first film. This movie was horrid, unstinting and unnecessary.
August 19, 2012
Not nearly as good as the first one. It's not terrible, but is cheesy and not very effective.
August 15, 2012
I like these films, and this doesn't fail to deliver. Twists an turns all over right to the end! Didn't see it coming!
August 13, 2012
They've lost the concept...Not that I'm surprised but still. Even though it might have been to obvious if "he" had been the killer himself it would have still been better. And the happy happy ending is just messing it up more. The whole idea is that you can't make everything alright at least not if your ARE the one jumping.

And NO I don't buy the cliffhanger at all.

Why make this sequel? Why? The concept is, I'm sorry was thrilling and the first movie had (although weak) Matrix vibes.
½ August 4, 2012
Altering history is not a good idea. The protagonist jumped back into time to save his little sister from burning to death only to have created the pontiac serial killer.
½ August 3, 2012
Had a feeling what the ending would end up like. Was a bit hard to keep up with at times. Didnt beat the original movie or the second
June 19, 2012
Death repeats itself.
½ May 15, 2012
Just as good as the first. and second. Well made