Buzz Lightyear of Star Command: The Adventure Begins - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Buzz Lightyear of Star Command: The Adventure Begins Reviews

½ October 8, 2016
to make this review short its a good but its a poor mans Batman The Animated Series
July 18, 2016
Buzz Lightyear of Star Command the Adventure Begins is a film that was released on August 8th in the year 2000 and marks as the only Pixar film to be released direct to Video & DVD only and not made by Pixar themselves. Instead it was made by the Disney Toon Studios who are the ones who made the planes movies, the Tinkerbell movies & of course every single Disney Sequels along with midquels and prequels.
This movie is a started up with the TV show that aired after the movies release and the first three episodes was a three parter of the movie cut up to be much shorter and replaced the voice of Buzz From the one and only Buzz Tim Allen to Patrick Warburton who played Kronk from The Emperor's New Groove and Joe from Family Guy and that really put me off for a while.
This film has a okay story, okay characters, very good music & hand drawn animation which most Pixar films didn't have well at least a lot of hand drawn animation. Don't get me wrong there is one scene where it's the same animation as in Toy Story and Toy Story 2 but it's only there for one scene and that's it.
So basically this film is just the first three episodes of the TV show put into one movie and I have to say that Buzz Lightyear of Start Command the TV series is a good show I really enjoyed it I found the jokes funny and the action really cool. I do take they wanted to make this film a bit more serious than the actual TV show but when a film does that it becomes a bit boring a solid meh.
Anyways for my overall thoughts on the film I have to say that Buzz Lightyear of Start Command the Adventure Begins is good not Pixar good but good I'd give it at least one watch if you feel like watching it. I give this film a 6.0 out of 10 not the best from the other films but good for anyone who wants to watch a film based on one character from another movie.
April 12, 2016
Buzz Lightyear is my favorite Pixar character and it's nice to see his character expanded on.
February 6, 2016
May 25, 2015
Worst spin off movie yet. You expect an animated film but they decided to make this a cartoon. bad decision
December 27, 2014
Hyggligt fräsig spinoff till Toy Story-rullarna. Ja, rentav en väldigt bra film, som framför allt innehåller ett extremt roligt Zurg-porträtt.
½ September 3, 2014
worth watching and a worthy series, not the best out there, but an improvement on any of the shows airing now.
September 1, 2014
Colorful voice work and animation make a surprisingly entertaining family film.
March 31, 2014
Corta, pero interesante, debido a su buena historia e interpretación de los personajes. En algunos aspectos pudo haber sido mejor, pero igual no me decepcionó.
½ September 10, 2013
Allen's return and the animation are the main highlights along with few other appeals, but even though one of the most favorable "Toy Story" characters gets his own adventure of his backstory, it doesn't reach up to the heights of the toy box adventures when there are silliness and being more childish. (B)
½ April 28, 2013
This was crap. Buzz lightyear is a toy, not a show.
March 19, 2013
Only has the quality of a TV episode, except longer
January 28, 2013
One of my favorite movies of my childhood I really enjoyed this movie.
December 31, 2012
many highs and many lows. This is for uber fans of toy story.
December 7, 2012
Buzz Lightyear of Star Command: The Adventure Begins
Synopsis: This direct-to-video feature, which serves as a lead-in to the upcoming Disney animated TV series, continues the adventures of Buzz Lightyear from the Toy Story films--and introduces the new supporting cast. Buzz battles the evil Emperor Zurg,...
Starring: Tim Allen, Sean Hayes, Nicole Sullivan, Larry Miller, Adam Carolla, Diedrich Bader
Directed by: Tad Stones
½ November 17, 2012
Sometimes irritating, however it is nice.
October 30, 2012
Even though Tim Allen and Nicole Sullivan are a warm welcome, the plot feels weak at times, the screenplay feels uninspired, and it tends to be silly in what should be serious moments.
August 15, 2012
This one is actually a lot of fun. Buzz Lightyear was, in a way, created as a representation of those dumb action figures based on those cartoons we watched as kids. This is (in the Toy Story universe) the movie (and subsequent show) that supposedly inspired Buzz, so it holds the same spirit as those shows. So it has all that dumb fun, but with a little more intelligence, thought, and overall quality. It's not a masterpiece by any means, but it's pretty godamn entertaining. The animation is good, there's a decent twist near the end, most of the characters (especially Zurg) are enjoyable to watch, it's just generally enjoyable.