Buzz Lightyear of Star Command: The Adventure Begins - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Buzz Lightyear of Star Command: The Adventure Begins Reviews

October 26, 2017
This movie one is my favorite Disney 2000 movie with Buzz Lightear who goes Disney Afternoon, Tim Allen himself did awesome job who being Buzz Lightyear for his role :D
July 31, 2017
See Buzz he is funny and it's fun to watch, don't forget about Toy story
½ June 30, 2017
Buzz Lightyear of Star Command: The Adventure Begins is what it is. A film that's part pilot for a TV series and part cash in. It's surprising when you come to think about it since Pixar and the terms direct-to-DVD AND TV shows don't quite mix. Especially since Pixar only started making feature films five years prior to this direct-to-video movie...well, the opening scene anyway. Everything else is by Disney's animated television division. It's action-packed, has the lovingly nostalgic feel of a Saturday morning cartoon and will probably keep children entertained. The Star Wars references including an ending that's eerily similar to the ending from A New Hope ought to keep older audiences gradually amused but they never quite have the humour like the Star Wars jokes that occasionally pop up in the CGI Pixar movies. While Tim Allen and Wayne Knight seem to be having the time of their lives voicing Buzz and Zurg, respectively, the film ain't got nothing on Toy Story and most of Pixar's CGI efforts (mainly nearly every film before Cars 2 and Inside Out along with 3/4 of Finding Dory). Mildly amusing but still nothing more than a cash in which just loves drawing intentional parallels to Star Wars including the princess who doesn't like her title and mysterious creatures and wonderful fictional planets.
December 29, 2016
For the most part I don't really like this film but there are some certain things I like. It kind of satirizes but also pays homages to 80's and 90's saturday mourning cartoons as well as some funny jokes and enjoyable moments. Yet those don't make up for it's number of problems like a bleak story, done to death morals, and even some throw away characters.
½ November 23, 2016
The movie is not in CGI, but that's not the issue here, the issue here is that it lacks the same brilliant irony and character development as in the original Toy Story film, and so this movie plays out as a dull, monotonic experience with most to all components mimicking Star Wars.
½ October 8, 2016
to make this review short its a good but its a poor mans Batman The Animated Series
July 18, 2016
Buzz Lightyear of Star Command the Adventure Begins is a film that was released on August 8th in the year 2000 and marks as the only Pixar film to be released direct to Video & DVD only and not made by Pixar themselves. Instead it was made by the Disney Toon Studios who are the ones who made the planes movies, the Tinkerbell movies & of course every single Disney Sequels along with midquels and prequels.
This movie is a started up with the TV show that aired after the movies release and the first three episodes was a three parter of the movie cut up to be much shorter and replaced the voice of Buzz From the one and only Buzz Tim Allen to Patrick Warburton who played Kronk from The Emperor's New Groove and Joe from Family Guy and that really put me off for a while.
This film has a okay story, okay characters, very good music & hand drawn animation which most Pixar films didn't have well at least a lot of hand drawn animation. Don't get me wrong there is one scene where it's the same animation as in Toy Story and Toy Story 2 but it's only there for one scene and that's it.
So basically this film is just the first three episodes of the TV show put into one movie and I have to say that Buzz Lightyear of Start Command the TV series is a good show I really enjoyed it I found the jokes funny and the action really cool. I do take they wanted to make this film a bit more serious than the actual TV show but when a film does that it becomes a bit boring a solid meh.
Anyways for my overall thoughts on the film I have to say that Buzz Lightyear of Start Command the Adventure Begins is good not Pixar good but good I'd give it at least one watch if you feel like watching it. I give this film a 6.0 out of 10 not the best from the other films but good for anyone who wants to watch a film based on one character from another movie.
April 12, 2016
Buzz Lightyear is my favorite Pixar character and it's nice to see his character expanded on.
February 6, 2016
nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
May 25, 2015
Worst spin off movie yet. You expect an animated film but they decided to make this a cartoon. bad decision
December 27, 2014
Hyggligt fräsig spinoff till Toy Story-rullarna. Ja, rentav en väldigt bra film, som framför allt innehåller ett extremt roligt Zurg-porträtt.
½ September 3, 2014
worth watching and a worthy series, not the best out there, but an improvement on any of the shows airing now.
September 1, 2014
Colorful voice work and animation make a surprisingly entertaining family film.
March 31, 2014
Corta, pero interesante, debido a su buena historia e interpretación de los personajes. En algunos aspectos pudo haber sido mejor, pero igual no me decepcionó.
½ September 10, 2013
Allen's return and the animation are the main highlights along with few other appeals, but even though one of the most favorable "Toy Story" characters gets his own adventure of his backstory, it doesn't reach up to the heights of the toy box adventures when there are silliness and being more childish. (B)
½ April 28, 2013
This was crap. Buzz lightyear is a toy, not a show.
March 19, 2013
Only has the quality of a TV episode, except longer
January 28, 2013
One of my favorite movies of my childhood I really enjoyed this movie.
December 31, 2012
many highs and many lows. This is for uber fans of toy story.