Cabin Fever 2: Spring Fever - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Cabin Fever 2: Spring Fever Reviews

March 8, 2016
In this sequel to Cabin Fever, the virus spreads in a small town prom via bottled water, meanwhile the national guard is deployed to eliminate all survivors. It went for a more comic look of the virus rather than the hilly billy slasher genre bender of the first film. The decision to use unknown young actors and the school setting didn't do the film any favour. The characters are simply too stupid to make this film remotely scary. The tone of the film was entirely laughable with its cringe worthy dialogues and unbelievable storyline, please avoid this like a plague.
October 15, 2015
Cabin Fever 2 IS a ridiculously awkward film. The plot is retarded. The cartoon intro is awesome and poorly explains the infection. A random bottle falls off a truck, I guess a recyclables truck, I have no clue, that contains infected blood and apparently there is enough infected blood in that bottle to contaminate an entire river and pollute a spring water bottling facility along with an entire high school population. It makes no sense at all.

A film like this has its own unique place in horror. The film feels like a feral vampire / zombie film but plays off as a sort of environmental horror, if you can even develop a genre like that.

Majority of the film seems to be coming of age high school stuff. The massive speech directly in the center of the film during the prom is so epic and well said that it explains a lot, it has nothing to be on with the film whatsoever and has little to further the plot. It's extremely graphic like the first film.
September 2, 2015
If I had rented this from a shop, I would demand a refund; if I was refused, I'd steal the till. BTW...isn't there supposed to be a cabin involved somewhere????
August 14, 2015
½ June 28, 2015
This is one of those rare bad movies that make you both embarrassed and furious at the same time.
½ June 25, 2015
Not as good as the first part, but still enjoyable and satisfying. The story continues right where the first one ended, and while it did seem very clicheish, I thought it to be fitting for such a movie. Prom night; drinking punch; infected water; kids getting the disease... It was quite fun, honestly. There were some really gross moments though, and I had to look away from the screen for a bit. I don't really mind gore, when it's presented in a way that you can't look away from a screen, here you just really want to look away from the screen and never look back! The acting is okay, there were some really weird scenes with the highschool kids and I had a feeling it was their first time acting in a movie. The characters aren't interesting, but then again, they never are in this kind of movies. All in all, a decent sequel that's not better than the original, but still has it's moments. Wouldn't recommend, unless you're a fan of the original Cabin Fever.
June 2, 2015
awsome movie! not as good as the first one with the first one was really really really good!
March 24, 2015
I liked it, music is good..
February 28, 2015
Cheap junk even worse than the first. I give it a point for the obese fatty having sex in the pool! That was the coolest part of this trash.
January 17, 2015
I'm surprised to see this got such bad ratings. I never saw the first one, and maybe that movie takes itself more seriously. The premise of this movie may be a bit overdone, but this was an ontersting take on a Grindhouse flick. I've seen complaints about the pointless gore, but pointless gore IS the point. Cabin Fever 2 doesn't aspire to be anything more than a C movie, and I think if you have that expectation (which you should be from the opening scene), you'll be entertained. All of the classic grindhouse elements are there - excessive (hilarious) gore, cartoony characters, and cheesy one-liners - and arexcellently done. However, the premise of this movie (if not the execution) is far more believable than most others in its genre, and to my mind, this makes it scarier. I'd also like to mention that the acting is much better than a C movie, or even a B movie. Obviously, these types of movies are not for everyone, but if you're a fan of intentionally bad movies, I recommend it. If you're looking for a movie with an adult Rider Strong , though, I can't recommend it - he may have first billing, but I didn't see him at all during the movie - I suspect that he's the guy who gets killed within the first minute.
½ December 23, 2014
Absolutely one of the single worst films I've every tortured my senses with. This sequel captures NONE of the fun of its predecessor, but manages to amplify ALL of its cheep, gory, immature scraps. There is seriously NOTHING worth sitting through in Cabin Fever 2.... even if you believe a disease could cause this kind of mayhem... they don't bother to follow ANY of their own rules. True garbage.
November 11, 2014
Was not as great as the original! But honestly it's not as awful as everyone says it is! It's depraved and disgusting taste in gore is one of the good things about this one! Actors were alright . Overall it was pretty good . But just a 3/5 stars would be decent enough
November 10, 2014
Some horror movies set out and succeed in getting under one's skin, maybe even terrifying in the process, while others set their sights a little lower. This on the other hand drags its sorry bloody carcass across the floor while it vomits on itself and pees in its pants. This in all honesty barely qualifies as an actual horror flick because there's virtually no tension, very few shocks, and the only aim this has involve gross-out school boy larks. Even though it isn't one of the worst movies out there, actually it's not even that bad, but the only slightly memorable moments involve quite graphic scenes of bodily fluids, scabs, an arm getting sawn off, and a fat guy's weiner, all of which are easy and quite crass, all be it somewhat fun, use of shock tactics. The final reel set in a strip club is clumsily inserted to say the least, but as a half decent little sick flick this is an okay time passer.
November 5, 2014
I've come to the conclusion that I may have judged Eli Roth's "Cabin Fever" unjustly because now that I think back to it, that movie HAD to be a horror comedy. I should really re-watch that film and re-rate it. The same can't be said about the sequel, "Cabin Fever 2" because it contains none of the laughs of the first film and is in fact, downright terrible. This time around, the flesh-eating disease has made its way into the water bottle plant of the town near the climax of the first film. We meet our main character John (Noah Segan) who is hard at work trying to convince his crush Cassie (Alexi Wasser) to go out with him. Meanwhile his buddy is trying to hook up with a classmate of his that is rumoured to moonlight as a stripper, there are bullies trying to ruin everyone's day, unresolved romances, people freaking out about this flesh eating disease... and the prom is tomorrow!
For long periods of time, the film is quite dull and when characters do start dying from the flesh-eating disease, most of it is painfully bad to watch. The film is unnecessarily disgusting, with several shots that will make even hardcore horror fans that can stomach tons of gore want to look away. The plot is very thin and the film feels padded with some very bad and cheap-looking animation at the front and back end of the movie to give us an introduction and epilogue. I can't stress enough how awful these animated segments are. They look like first-year student films finished in a hurry. Maybe the idea was to get the audience ready for a really really bad movie, or to lower their expectations so much that they would think this trash was kind of fun, but it certainly didn't work for me. The problems with the film begin way before this visual atrocity. It begins with the very concept of the film. Cabin fever 2? Really? You can tell that the original film really didn't lend itself well to a franchise because the ending had to be tweaked a lot to lead into this one, as if the audience wouldn't notice. I groaned at some of the other attempts to tie the two movies together, like an appearance of the man in the rabbit costume, which served little purpose in the previous movie and none in this one.
The blood and gore effects range from convincing (and pretty stomach-churning) to cartoonish and idiotic, particularly during the prom when people start to drop dead. Some of the gross-out humour is very bad and overall, the dialogue given to the mediocre actors is equally mediocre at best. The characters range from mildly interesting to the same old movie stereotypes we have seen countless times (why yes, there is a generic high school bully who is for unexplained reasons dating the love interest in this movie). The protagonists are ok but there are way too many of them going off in their own direction and that means that 3/4 into the movie several stories end and the movie comes to a close... only for it to start up again in order to tie up a bunch of loose ends no one wanted to see. The film feels mean spirited and is downright cruel to its characters (particularly the female ones), so it's not much fun to watch. Overall I really didn't have a good time at all with the film. The only amusement I got was fantasizing about the idea that if you re-cut this, you could probably make an over-the-top P.S.A. about the dangers of pre-marital sex. With some massive re-writing you could have made this into a fun, gory and dark comedy warning teens of the dangers of pre-marital sex and it would be so over-the-top that it would make "Reefer Madness" look like "Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room". As is, "Cabin Fever 2: Spring Fever" is an unpleasant movie experience with no redeeming qualities except for the occasional good gore effects. (Dvd, September 14, 2012)
October 29, 2014
Has some decent effects, but where Roth's dark humor elevated the original, the mean-spirited jabs in this sequel leave you with a bad taste in your mouth.
October 26, 2014

The DVD was released on February 16, 2010. The production companies are Tonic Films, Morningstar Films, Carr Miller Entertainment and Tunnel Post. The special effects are from Quantum Creation FX who created the make-up effects. Rider Strong and Giuseppe Andrews are the only two Cabin Fever cast members to come back for the sequel.

The film was released in spring 2010 The film premiered on 24 October 2009 at the Mann Chinese 6 theaters in Hollywood, California as part of the 2009 Screamfest Horror Film Festival Los Angeles. The DVD was released in the USA on February 16, 2010 and in the UK on February 22. The US Blu-ray release comes with the Unrated Directors Cut version of Eli Roth's Cabin Fever. After extensive re-editing and re-shooting by the producers, director Ti West requested to have his name removed from the film and replaced with the popular pseudonym Alan Smithee. Since he was not a member of the Directors Guild of America, his request was denied by the producers and he remains credited as the film's director. West has since disowned the final product claiming that it is more a product of the producers and executives than that of his own. It is unknown if there will ever be a "director's cut" released featuring West's original vision

Producer Lauren Moews has expressed interest in producing a Cabin Fever 3. The third movie, Cabin Fever: Patient Zero, which is about the virus spreading on a cruise ship in the Caribbean Sea, and the fourth film, Cabin Fever: Outbreak, will be about a family who travels to a Caribbean island and has to deal with the same virus. Both are being shot back-to-back by the companies Indomina and Hypotenuse Pictures.

Cabin Fever: Patient Zero and Cabin Fever: Outbreak will be prequels to the original film, revealing the origins of the virus in the original film and Kaare Andrews has signed on to direct both films. Jake Wade Wall wrote the screenplay for Patient Zero and Outbreak is being written by Adam Marcus and Debra Sullivan. Patient Zero and Outbreak are set for release in 2014

October 23, 2014
To say this is an awful film doesn't do it justice. I completely understand why Ti West tried to get his name off of this film, but how much of the blame he should take is still up in the air for discussion. The acting is terrible, the writing is so bad it made me cringe every time a character spoke, and the story is so stupid that you can't take it seriously whatsoever. The first one had an old school charm about it that made for a reasonably entertaining, albeit conventional, horror film. This one ratchets up the gore, throws in distasteful stunts, and is not fun to watch at all. They clearly had run out of ideas fast because they film adds in animation that is completely out of place at the beginning and end to pan the length and a couple of the plot strands get left in the dust. Just a horrible waste of time. One of the worst sequels I've ever seen.
October 19, 2014
maybe one of the dumbest movies ever
½ October 15, 2014
One of the worst movies ever made.
October 12, 2014
fun gorefest,ti wests film isnt quite what it was intended to be but theres enough here to get the jist of what could of been,80`s influence throughout wacko cameos(Mark Borshadt) surreal scenes, and gross out gags