Caddyshack II - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Caddyshack II Reviews

½ March 6, 2017
Essentially, the same plot as the original. Not good by any means, but there are laughs to be found.
½ February 26, 2017
The aspects of the film I liked were: Jackie Mason, the gopher, the soundtrack, and the shenanigans. Not as good as the first film was.. If the had gone to an R rating, it would of been more fun to watch.
½ December 27, 2016
No Murray. No Knight. No Dangerfield. No good.
July 18, 2016
I saw cinema snob's YouTube review of Caddyshack 2 and Caddyshack 2 sucks. Not funny at all and at times looks awkward.
July 4, 2016
Not quite as bad as I remembered.
April 4, 2016
what were they thinking ? . thumbs down !
April 3, 2016
I have the stones to admit I like it. It is stupid as can be but the nostalgia of seeing a pre-crazy Randy Quaid trading acting chops Robert Stack in all his wooden glory, while Jacky Mason tosses in jokes that were dusty 30 years ago makes me smile.
September 11, 2015
not so much this is 1 of those disappointing now where near the first pic sequel
July 30, 2015
Hadn't watched this since I was a kid, and really wish I hadn't re-watched it. The film is just so bad. Jackie Mason can't act and shouldn't have starred in this. The script is awful, and Chevy Chase seems bored out of his mind. No laughs. Just avoid this!
½ May 8, 2015
Hilarious even though distinctly separate from the league of the original.
April 16, 2015
A favourite as a kid. There are moments that are funny but the whole thing is pretty flat and having Jackie Mason in the lead was a bad idea.
½ April 15, 2015
I couldn't conceive of something this abominable if I tried.
½ April 15, 2015
A classic......they dumped all over a classic with this witless sequel.
January 3, 2015
Genuinely laugh out loud moments belong to Chevy Chase's cameo. Yes, they are genuinely funny.
½ January 2, 2015
no, just trashy trash this movie is, no stars -5 stars
½ December 11, 2014
A pitch meeting at Warner Brothers in 1987. "So here it is. 'Caddyshack II!' And not the number 2, mind you, but the Roman numeral II. We replace Chevy Chase, Bill Murray, Rodney Dangerfield and Ted Knight with Dyan Cannon, who hasn't worked since 1977, Jackie Mason, who hasn't been funny since Sullivan in 1959, Robert Stack, who isn't cognizant of his surroundings, and, best of all, Jonathan Silverman. THE Jonathan Silverman, star of 'Girls Just Want to Have Fun,' the major motion picture based on a 2-minute-56-second Cyndi Lauper song that doesn't even feature Cyndi Lauper singing the song. And, to direct, we get Allan Arkush, the guy who directed the Andy Kaufman-Bernadette Peters robot love story 'Heartbeeps.' And this is key, instead of an R rating like the original, we keep things to a PG. Not a PG-13! A PG. How can we go wrong?!"
December 4, 2014
Caddy shack II does NO justice for the Caddy sack. thin plot, thin actors(exception of Randy Quaid). the ONLY thing that is decent with this movie is the soundtrack..maybe. this movie should have been destroyed when the script was written.
November 9, 2014
The star-studded cast are powerless to inject humor into this lethargic, unoriginal pacified sequel.
½ August 8, 2014
Jackie Mason tried to save this, but truthfully, this movie is a tremendous flop. The original is pretty bawdy, but so much better.
July 26, 2014
Though the lead is likable, nothing else comes anything close to what made the original Caddyshack so good.