Cadence - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Cadence Reviews

July 16, 2009
This was actually pretty good..."
½ June 9, 2009
i love this movie. It has heart, soul friendship, racism and human kindness !
½ March 17, 2009
Stereotype packed, the Black actors at least get a showcase for their skills, and many have gone on to bigger things, but this film has it's niche appeal as a time capsule of an era where the US Army was not at it's best, and intentionally sought to rid itself of the Black street hoodlums it needed desperately to fight in combat in Vietnam. Welcomed into the ranks to fight, and discarded pitilessly when that war war declared a no-go...(I know about this from personal experience, as I was a Military Policeman during this era working the jail/stockade detail..and it not only sucked, it blew!)...I can say that, despite it's myriad flaws, it was better to have this film made than not, if only to let the viewer get a small glimpse into the mindset of the era, as sanitized as it is in this film. I have a problem with such anti-military individuals as the Sheen/Estevez Axis creating such stuff, revisionist history mind-control and all that rot, but viewing this with your BS detectors on full can still make an interesting film experience, at the performance level (the cast all do their best), so grab the salty buttered oiled popcorn and check it out...
March 12, 2009
Ok movie...probably one of the best performances Charlie Sheen's done. And some great acting on Martin Sheen's part too.
March 3, 2009
A VERY GOOD MOVIE AND A MUST SEE.
February 6, 2009
I have been searching for this movie for two years and can't find it. Awesome, moving movie.
January 17, 2009
love this movie, has lot character and a motivating soundtrack
January 5, 2009
Very nice military movie featuring the real life father and son Sheens. It's interesting to watch Charlie Sheen try to fit in with the black guys in 90 days of camp before going to war. "Cadence" is best remembered for its great performances and some scenes such as getting the windmill to work. Nice soundtrack too. The army's never been for me, but I like watching movies centered around it and this is one of the better, albeit lesser known ones.
½ December 30, 2008
"How to learn from your mistakes and become a better person" in 97 minutes.
½ December 18, 2008
Probably could have done with a bit more story and character development, but the way Charlie Sheen and Lawrence Fishburne interact with one another (and the drama between Sheen and his father) make this one worth a look.
December 11, 2008
I Want this version of "Chain Gang"! A movie proving friendship & conviction of heart is something you must remain true to.
½ November 7, 2008
ANYTHING WITH CHARLIE SHEEN IN IT IS GOING TO GET 5 STARS :)
November 6, 2008
Martin...if your son Charlie was in the military...his entire outfit would kill him.
August 30, 2008
A well done film - seeing Sheen and Sheen go at it was priceless.
August 9, 2008
Great movie with some great music and themes.
August 5, 2008
Charlie Sheen, the director? Fuck you.
½ July 18, 2008
Plot is simple, but the acting between Fishburne, Martin and Charlie Sheen makes all the difference!
Catchy 'chain gang'-song too..
July 9, 2008
this is a movie that everyone should see!
July 7, 2008
This movie touches your heart in a way that is totally unexpected and it's such a great story and easily Charlie Sheen's finest acting ever.
June 28, 2008
A little sunday afternoon movie. Not good but not bad either. Good little story to it.