Cadet Kelly - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Cadet Kelly Reviews

½ September 17, 2016
(First viewing - 3/8/2002)
March 19, 2016
Back when disney knew how to make movies. This is one of the best examples. Cheesy and predictable. Still after 11 years it's still a fun and enjoyable for all ages.
December 15, 2015
An ok movie in the end.
November 9, 2014
Hilary Duff is so cute in this movie! One of my favorite Hilary Duff movies.
September 10, 2014
Duff ("Lizzie McGuire" and pre-"Cheaper by the Dozen") portrays a spirited, ordinary girl sent to her stepfather's military camp when also being hardened by the tough and humble captain portrayed by Romano ("Even Stevens" and pre-"Kim Possible") in this good DCOM from the old, early 2000s Disney Channel with good spirits and heart. (B+)

(Full review coming soon - with better wording probably)
December 30, 2013
I honestly really like this movie, very wholesome and refreshing compared to most movies nowadays.
November 14, 2013
this movie, is so Terrible, Probably one of the worse movies of all time on my top 10 List, its about her parents take her to Boot camp, its such a terrible movie.
October 27, 2013
I just can't take this film seriously

Feels like a mockery of the military. Witch I do not like
October 25, 2013
For a Disney original this one was pretty good. Hilary Duff plays her typical role and the ending is obvious right from the start, but it's a good ride.
October 23, 2013
...You never realize how cheesy these Disney Channel Original Movies are until you rewatch them as an adult. Even just looking at the DVD cover, I should have known better. The film does precisely what it was designed to do: It is a family-friendly film with plenty of cheesy laughs and a stepping stone for Hilary Duff toward the big screen. I'm still trying to figure out who thought it was a good idea to make Gary Cole ("Office Space") into a military general, though I suppose that all common sense gets thrown out the window when creating a made-for-tv movie. Regardless of the acting, the story literally induced my gag reflex on a few occasions. The story sets itself up to be cheesy but the characters could have developed through realistic circumstances. There is no need for the typical "father is trapped on the side of a cliff so the main character has to use everything that she has learned throughout the film to rescue him" routine. The ending also goes an unnecessary distance beyond "reasonable cheese," leaving that sense of wasted time as the credits role. I love Hilary Duff but I much prefer her "real movies" over this hogwash.
August 16, 2013
Definitely a flawed film, but funny, smart, and entertaining, as well. It will always be a favorite a mine to watch when I need to be cheered up. Haha.
June 20, 2013
colorful, predictable, and full of enough tween sweetness to make your gums bleed.
May 31, 2013
I loved it even more as a kid, it's a little childish to me now, but I still enjoy the concept and especially the ending.
March 12, 2013
Comedy starring Hilary Duff as Kelly Collins, an artistic, fashion-minded teen who's forced to go from flashy fab to olive drab at her new step dad's military academy. As the clumsiest, most clueless recruit ever to botch basic training, Kelly seems to be fighting an uphill battle to fit in. But it's all-out war when she butts head with Cadet Captain Stone (Christy Carlson Romano), a tough-as-nails, by-the-book 'commanding officer' determined to break her spirit. See how once-carefree Kelly keeps it together amidst endless rules and regulations to win Stone's respect, and still manages to leave her own unique mark on the school.
½ March 5, 2013
Pretty decent for a Disney tween film. had it's funny moments and the tension-friendship relationship between Duff and Romano makes it worth watching.
February 5, 2013
Cute kid movie for young girls
½ January 22, 2013
its so sad when her dad doesnt come to her competition.. buttttttt then she finds him n her step dad helps her, so cute
January 22, 2013
Hilary Duff? Christy Carlson Romano!? Gary Cole!!?? Man, this movie is too awesome. Yes, I'm man enough to own this film.
January 17, 2013
oldie but goodie hilary duff Disney movie