Cadillac Records - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Cadillac Records Reviews

July 29, 2016
So-so movie but great cars, guitars and music so worth a watch.
July 25, 2016
an honest depiction of the music business and every-bodies good in this one
½ May 15, 2016
Coulda been great without the gloss and the two dimensional Beyonce...some great music though...
June 16, 2015
Cadillac Records [US, 2008] Something blues and rock n roll fans will find hard to hate. 6/10
April 2, 2015
Some rough moments in this one, but it covers a time period and music scene that I was quite interested in learning more about...
January 1, 2015
A drama / music movie with the great actor Adrien Brody. He did an incredible role with the "Pianist" so i had to see what he could achieve in this flick and the result did not let me down. Good performance once again and so did the other cast members. This is a true story based movie about the rise of Cadillac Records in Chicago back in the 50s'. Blues / Rock N Roll with famous Chuck Berry and many other ones which im not quite familiar with. Im not really into this kind of music actually but i found it very enjoyable like i did with "Walk The Line". Overall a well made movie and nice to see and learn more of the music industry when the big boys had their hits.
½ November 28, 2014
Very dope like a gangster movie with a musical back drop great characters and story was on point
November 16, 2014
Well, until now my knowledge of Muddy Waters and Etta James was very limited and now I know a lot more so this film did it's job. Not a bad film, not really my type of music but I enjoyed the film nonetheless.
June 19, 2014
I am not a fan of this kind of music but it was still good
May 23, 2014
awesome period piece
May 5, 2014
It's not terrible. Strong performances, but the story is more like a collection of sound bites with no real dramatic push. You can't deny the music however.
½ May 2, 2014
The subject is interesting and it could have been great. Unfortunately it is not.
½ April 5, 2014
Really enjoyable movie biopic, excellent soundtrack!
½ March 8, 2014
The cast was great in this. Some true stories are horribly sad and this is one of them.
December 1, 2013
A film everyone should see. Sorely underrated.
November 11, 2013
Mos Def as Chuck Berry...I'm There
October 29, 2013
Beyonce killed it! Loved the music and the story. Well done all around I think
October 28, 2013
Greatest movie by far...... luuuuuuuuuv Columbus!!!!!!!!!!!
September 21, 2013
chicago... in the 50's...
what else do we want?
May 30, 2013
I've seen the movie a million times its lovely