Cadillac Records - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Cadillac Records Reviews

May 16, 2013
Poor directing. Not much of a movie.
May 11, 2013
The story of chess records - chess pays his successful artists in cadillacs. Excellent movie focussing mainly on Leonard chess' relationships with his powerhouse blues stars, muddy waters, little Walter, howlin wolf , chuck berry and etta James. Authentically set, well acted, and worth it in any case for the music alone. Essential viewing for real rock and roll music fans.
March 4, 2013
Was better than I thought it would be. Thanks to Adren Brody & Jeffrey Wright. Beyonce' still needs some more acting classes. lol
January 30, 2013
It was okay.. I seen better musical movies. Beyonce was okay she is fit more for musicals than real acting.
January 20, 2013
Beyonce wasn't horrendous, actualy... She wasn't great, mind you, nor even all that good, but not horrendous. Jeffrey Wright and Adrien Brody saved her time and again. This is to date Gabrielle Union's most promising work. Columbus Short also does an amazing job. Overall, I liked it, but there were several points where the direction just irked my nerves something awful... Those happened most prominently when Beyonce was on-screen, so what're ya gonna do? The story is a great slice of Chicago history, but I'd still say wait for DVD.
½ December 31, 2012
just now what i was expecting...very slow
½ December 13, 2012
Movie seems like a TV movie with a couple great performances. Adrian Brody is good, but seems to be just going through the motions. The standout here is Jeffrey Wright, on of the mos6 underrated actors out there. He is great as Muddy Waters. The movie starts going downhill with the appearance of Beyonce. She is okay, but she is no Etta James, who is? She sounds like Beyonce singing Etta James songs. Overall, not bad, but could have been better.
½ December 2, 2012
People who enjoy music pop, rock & roll. As Well as the history behind theses art forms & how they got started. This movie is for you. The average person will learn a thing or two about some good classic music. My opinion it's a go.
November 18, 2012
Interesting as a story but as a movie it had problems with pacing.
November 2, 2012
I've always had a soft spot in my heart for the music this movie is about. Legends like Muddy Waters, Little Walter, Howlin' Wolf, Etta James, and Chuck Berry are handled very well and with a lot of love. This is highly fictionalized though. Not a very accurate portrayal, but it does serve as a nice introduction to the roots of American popular music.
½ October 30, 2012
Adrien Brody is awesome..
½ October 29, 2012
Beyonce Knowles really steals the show by portraying singer Etta James, who just passed away this past January. She really emodies the heart and soul of the now late musician. Even Mos Def portrayed Chuck Berry perfectly. This movie should have been made years ago, but I'm glad it was made because it showed the truth about who the real king of rock and roll is (not Elvis Presley). This biopic has so many terrific performances, but Beyonce's performance really stood out. So, this review is dedicated to the now late, legendary Etta James. At last.
½ October 28, 2012
Most of the cast was great. It took me awhile to except Jeffery Wright as Muddy Waters, but I eventually did. Adrian Brody is still a great subtle actor. As for the story, there wasn't much to it. It was more of just a history lesson, which is ok by me. Music was great.

2008 Movies 152
½ October 8, 2012
I listen to this movie sometimes even when I don't watch it.. some great voices - singing AND speaking.
October 6, 2012
Truly love this movie only on the fact that it is pure with heart.
October 2, 2012
The soundtrack was excellent
October 2, 2012
It'd be a cable viewing, at best.
½ September 10, 2012
Chess Records gets the full Hollywood treatment, but it may be a great starting place for those new to the history of the label and the rest of us may just enjoy it in spite of ourselves.
September 10, 2012
Great Cast, and most of all Beyounce did her thang!
September 1, 2012
How do I watch the movie???