Ca$h - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ca$h Reviews

May 29, 2016
Absurdest obsessions.
December 9, 2015
Excellent film, really liked it.
August 15, 2015
A story of few, and many morals, and despite its lower budget, this film does well with the threat and fear that is created in their financial predicament.
½ February 26, 2015
The only reviews I've seen on Ca$h have been negative, but I think this is based purely on the fact that when these reviewers saw the trailer, they were expecting a Tarantino or Scorsese film, which was so so so not the case.

Professional criminal Sean Bean (Patriot Games, Death Race 2, the The Lord of the Rings series, Equilibrium, Troy, The Island, Silent Hill, Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, The Hitcher [2007], Black Death, Percy Jackson & The Olympians: The Lightning Thief) is attempting to track down miserable tradie Chris Hemsworth (A Perfect Getaway, Thor, The Cabin in the Woods, Home and Away) whom Bean believes to be in possession of the money his brother (also played by Bean) stole and dumped over a bridge when the cops were on his trail.

This concept alone is enough to send through me a driving need to watch this film. Why? Because it has fucking Sean Bean and Chris Hemsworth in it, that's why! Sean Bean even plays two characters in the one film, just in case playing one antagonist wasn't enough! And okay yes, I think I jumped on the bandwagon a tad preemptively but is rather a good film.

Though sure there's not a lot new to be chucked around in the film industry these days, Ca$h is at least a partially fresh idea, which is always nice to see. There's a couple of moments when the whole "suspension of disbelief" thing gives me some trouble, and the fact that Hemsworth pretends to have a Chicago-accent the entire film is also depressing. But all in all it was totally worth the watch.

Though I'm sure put onto a shelf categorised by genre, Ca$h would probably find itself lumped in with the Action films, but in reality it isn't one. If there's such a thing as a comedic psychological crime thriller, then that's more or less what Ca$h would be. It's interesting most of all to think what you would do in the same position as Hemsworth and his wife (played by Victoria Profeta - Push, Meth Head), they have this strange relationship with their tormentor that's sort of a bizarre twist on Stockholm Syndrome, where they put up with him, and get into his world, even though they're in their own house.

70%

-Gimly
November 21, 2014
BOROMIR VS THOR! If this film was released today, that's what they'd advertise this as. But anyways, this was released before the movies they became famous for. It's a pretty predictable affair about a couple stealing mob money, and the mob wanting it back. Not BAD, but lordy, there are truck sized holes in the plot (Mom dissapears conveniently!), but all the actors do an ok job.
½ July 14, 2014
Some average shit. One time see
MANUGINO
July 13, 2014
No one can be trusted when it comes to...

Good entertaining movie! Ca$h isn't a thriller in academic film terms. It's not a traditional action film, either. If the film must have a label, it is neo noir satire. Noir features a desperate protagonist who is an anti-hero. "Ca$h" is an entertaining movie where everybody is corrupt in the end, even those that have been robbed and declare a larger amount to benefit with the insurance. Sean Bean performs a peculiar but very dangerous criminal with a great knowledge of economics. Chris Hemsworth is the typical American low middle class with a great alienation and lack of general culture. The screenplay is enjoyable and the resolution of the situation is satisfactory.

A stroke of good luck turns lethal for Sam Phelan and his wife Leslie when they are faced with a life-changing decision that brings strange and sinister Pyke Kubic to their doorstep. As Pyke leads Sam and Leslie on a tumultuous adventure through the streets of Chicago, each are pulled deeper and deeper into a desperate spiral of deception and violence... All in the name of money.
June 24, 2014
It wasn't as bad as all that. I mean yeah, it ran on too long, and it was predictable, but it did hold my interest. It really is fun mindless romp. not nearly as unwatchable as i thought it would be ..slow start.. dumb ending.. but there were a few bright spots in between... not a complete waste of time...
½ May 5, 2014
Not the tideiest of movies as fragments of the plot are never fully completed in this sloooow moving thriller.
½ April 20, 2014
Some of the blandest of stories can be made into gems by the performance of one man. The story in Ca$h is by no means original, but the addition of an outstanding bad guy, with his own original way of doing things, makes the film worth seeing. Sean Phelan (Chris "Thor" Hemsworth) is down on his luck and about to have his house taken by the bank, when an amazing thing happens. While driving on the highway, he sees a high speed chase in progress. The robbers, not wanting to be caught with the evidence, throw their loot off the overpass and right onto Phelan's car. The Phelan's think that God has smiled on them and they start making plans for life in the fast lane, when their luck turns again. Thanks to their greed, the robber (Sean Bean) is able to track them down and shows up at the Phelan's door, demanding his money back. LOTR's Sean Bean stars as the bad guy and he really has turned into one of the best criminal actors you could get. He's this big scary guy, with such a calm demeanor, willing to tell you everything that's on his mind. Bean takes the Phelan's through a wild week, trying to get back his money in a variety of ways, that I think will really surprise you. One of Bean's strength as an actor turns out to be a weakness to his character in this film. As I said, he has a way of always telling you what's on his mind, and in this film it's all about the cash. That being said, Bean keeps trying to figure out the amount of money left to be repaid and it gets pretty annoying. Also of note, while this was a pretty entertaining film, it is also about 40 minutes too long. Admittedly, the story is a bit thin, so the writers try to expand the story as much as they can. While it's terrific at first, by the end, the film is seriously lagging, and it takes a lot away from an otherwise terrific film. Ca$h doesn't offer many surprises, but the cast is terrific and it most defiantly has it's moments. It's the perfect film to use if you're looking to kill some time without having to think too much about it.
June 13, 2013
I love this movie it gives a whole new meaning to arguing with one's self
March 11, 2013
heheheh,nothing comes for free
½ February 2, 2013
Sean Bean dies and Hemsworth is pre- Thor here but still not awful in his acting chops. Cash suffers from a mixed genre and lack of vision in terms of a clear direction. The music and dialogue suggest black comedy, while the story suggests action/suspense/thriller. The film often drags out scenes much longer than needed which would make any sane person fast forward... which is odd because I wish I could re-wind my life to a time prior to watching this miss fire of a film.
December 10, 2012
pretty average film but it was made to prove worth a watch if only for Sean bean who plays his character as a Moody gangsta tracking down his inmate brothers (also played by bean) stolen briefcase loaded with half million dollars to prefection..average film terrible ending....
November 28, 2012
After Sean Bean knocked on the third racist caricature's door looking for the suitcase we saw Thor take in the opening scene, I gave up.
½ November 7, 2012
If a bundle of money suddenly fell into your lap no questions asked, what would you do? When Sam Phelan (Chris Hemsworth) and his wife Leslie (Victoria Profeta) come across a briefcase full of money, they think their prayers have finally been answered. However, that sense of relief is short lived when the owner of the briefcase shows up on their doorstep looking for his loot. Pyke Kubic (Sean Bean), a dangerous criminal with dollar signs where his heart should be, drags the Phelans deeper and deeper into a deadly web of corruption and deceit.

also stars Michael Mantell, Glenn Plummer, Mike Starr, Anthony Thekkek and Joseph Mazurk.

directed by Stephen Milburn Anderson.
October 14, 2012
It's okay. Not special with the predictable English bad guy in American movie trick. Sean Bean's done much better with his eyes closed and one arm behind his back.
½ September 25, 2012
One of Chris Hemsworth's first films and it shows. A low budget crime story with no real suspense.
½ August 25, 2012
It kinda dragged on but it was okay. It came off like a dark comedy to me.
August 21, 2012
Brilliant, great acting all the way through, was drawn to the story and never looked away from the screen