Calamari Union Reviews

• Dec 31, 2015

Aimless narrative which Kaurismaki reportedly directed while drunk, and it shows.

• Jun 22, 2014

Great stuff to made me depressiv :-)))

Great stuff to made me depressiv :-)))

• Dec 27, 2013

Onhan tämä vähän erikoinen elokuva. Pari hauskaa kohtaa, muutama hyvä hokema.

Onhan tämä vähän erikoinen elokuva. Pari hauskaa kohtaa, muutama hyvä hokema.

• Jun 17, 2013

absurd but enjoyable gangster film

absurd but enjoyable gangster film

• Aug 24, 2012

Kaurismäki's hilariously absurd, surrealist romp--Beautifully weird and funny!!

Kaurismäki's hilariously absurd, surrealist romp--Beautifully weird and funny!!

• Oct 11, 2011

This was a fun movie to watch. The basic idea of fifteen Franks and one Pekka wandering around the central Helsinki in search of the wonderland known as Eira is of course ludicrous - especially if you have any idea where Eira is in real life and thus known just how close they sometimes miss the damn place. Furthermore the dialogue between Franks is fun to listen to, some of the scenes are extremely well shot and the whole experience is just pure lopsided fun. I'm sure that the movie tries to educate its viewers and tell us something about the dangers of social exclusion and poverty, but truthfully I couldn't care less about those subjects while watching this movie. Why, you may ask? Well, the movie's subject hasn't aged that well, for one thing, and the characters aren't very likable either. Sure they're fun to watch, but you don't care that much about their struggle. Plus the movie has some really weird scenes that have no connection to the rest of the story. So yeah, a fun movie to watch, but it's nothing special.

• Jul 13, 2011

Simply badass. These Franks sure are cool.

Simply badass. These Franks sure are cool.

• Feb 18, 2011

• Oct 02, 2010

vähemmän kuin 5 tähteä on loukkaus.

vähemmän kuin 5 tähteä on loukkaus.

• Stella D Super Reviewer
    Sep 29, 2010

early kaurismaki and it's pretty amusing, like a completely absurd gangster film, almost totally improvised. brilliant in it's way but i prefer his later works