The Calcium Kid - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Calcium Kid Reviews

February 20, 2010
wow umn just seen this movie 4 the 1st time n think that this is a good movie 2 watch......its got a good cast of actors/actressess throughout this movie....i think that orlando bloom, michael pena, omid djalili, mark heap, rafe spall, michael lerner play good roles/parts throughout this movie....i think that the director of this comedy/drama/adventure movie had done a good job of directing this movie because you never know what 2 expect throughout this movie...i think that orlando bloom is great throughout this movie...i think that this is a good movie 2 watch its got a good cast thorughout this movie
January 18, 2010
Stupid sense of humour that wasnâ??t really funny and Orlando Bloom has no acting ability to pull it off.
December 31, 2009
Pretty funny. Kinda slow at the beginning and the story line was odd, to say the least. But still pretty cute.
½ December 11, 2009
Completely weak. That is what you get with a lead actor like Orlando.
I only watched this because of Orlando, but he isn't funny and really isn't an actor - so got what I paid for.
Couldn't get through the whole thing - returned it 1 hour later saying it was the wrong one. Wasn't even worth the free viewing.
½ November 29, 2009
pretty good how they managed to exploit a good film out of a cliche-story like this, Rocky anyone? big plot turn though, pretty funny but mostly stupendus. not bad!
November 13, 2009
Not laugh out loud hilarious. but funny mockumentary and worth the look.
½ September 25, 2009
If I could get this in the States, I'd buy it. The fact that this movie works at all, I think, is a credit to Orlando Bloom's acting. He brought a cliched role to life with Jimmy's optimism and innocence.

The documentary aspect of the movie was a mess. It tried to exploit the humor of mockumentary without actually shooting in a documentary style... and while I learned a lot of film analysis bullshit, I just don't see how they honestly thought this coherently worked within the form.

None the less, this film makes me smile, and at the end of the day, that can be all that matters.
½ September 11, 2009
ALL for orlando bloom
½ September 10, 2009
This was a bit wacked out but it was alright
September 2, 2009
kind of boring... a worst version of Rocky(if that`s even possible)
½ July 12, 2009
It had a few laugh out loud moments but absolutely hilarious if you ask me. It had a different style of movie which I haven?t really seen before which made it interesting to watch. However it was not the best movie that is out there.
½ July 9, 2009
OMG,,. I love this man,. hahaha,. one of the best., very funny movie.,,
June 22, 2009
A silly movie with lots of funny moments.

The cast is pretty good, the characters well and realistically drawn; the blood-lusty boxers, Orlando's Jimmy who is so totally out of it sometimes it isn't even funny... the manager who is just out for himself, a coach who had definitely seen his best days and... you get the drift from there.

The movie itself is told from the point of view of documentary makers, but they still manage to keep the scenes and plot fluent. They don't "forget" that everything on film is shot through a camera which is actually part of the movie.

All in all a decent movie. Not to be taken too seriously. A few pearls of wisdom here and there, and the rest is just slightly on the odd side of fun.
June 12, 2009
Constantly mis-firing mockumentary in which Bloom looks out of place. Whilst it is spoofed up as a British parody of Rocky, the comedy is weak and relies solely on unfunny stereotypes of Cockneys.
May 11, 2009
good for a british comedy
March 24, 2009
I wanna see it, Billie Piper is in this to!
½ March 4, 2009
Pretty decent little flick here....it's a mockumentary that follows a milk man/amateur boxer that got thrown into a heavyweight fight. The movie was actually quite funny and actually pretty good. Orlando Bloom was alright in it...I could tolerate him anyways. A movie many should check out and give a chance.
½ February 18, 2009
un personaje bobo y encantador, una comedia inocente
February 12, 2009
this movie looks like a joke
January 14, 2009
I didn't finish the movie
----

Orlando Bloom can't really act tough, nor can he act innocent--especially from the lack of his reactions within the first 15-20 minutes of the film.