California Dreamin' (Nesfarsit) (Endless) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

California Dreamin' (Nesfarsit) (Endless) Reviews

½ January 27, 2008
Good film. Funny, interesting and with some good acting.
January 24, 2008
Superb film Thanks R perfect film
½ January 24, 2008
Really nice film! I enjoyed it and it totally reflets the truth! Actually, the film IS BASED on a TRUE STORY! All that actually happened...seems unbealivable, but that's how it is. Combined with traditional elements and gr8 humour turns out a pretty nice film to enjoy.
January 21, 2008
romanians hold wonderful parties, haha
January 20, 2008
Farce satirique ressuscitant le meilleur du cinema italien des annees 60-70. Comme ce type de reference ne parle a personne, disons simplement qu'il s'agit d'un film roumain justement prime a Cannes et que personne n'est alle voir. Et, comme souvent, c'est dommage. (special message a Aurelie qui doit etre la seule a me lire : son moyen metrage fait juste avant, Marinela de la P7, est tres beau, aussi. La Roumanie a perdu son metteur en scene le plus chaleureux sans doute).
½ January 17, 2008
having been to Romania.. watching this movie makes it that much funnier. Things like they are portrayed in this movie really do happen there and that is what makes this movie so enjoyable and ridiculous.
½ January 15, 2008
Absurd humor about an Romanian train station and US soldiers mixed with the dream of fireworks.... :)
½ January 10, 2008
Etonnant cinema roumain, dynamique, ironique, en general tres prenant. California Dreamin est un peu long, et l'exces de situations aussi burlesques que realistes peut confiner au pathetique et, pour ma part, inspirer du malaise. Tres bon donc, mais ca ne vaut pas "12h08 a l'est de Bucarest".
½ January 7, 2008
Proper sadness is stirred with a heap of joy and fun. I'm really feelin' so nice about this Romania movie for great story and outstanding actors(all of them) and, especially, the conflict between two different cultures, generations, and genders. This file amazes me, although tediously long, and I appreciate the director, is living in wonderful heaven now, for giving us such a wonderful piece.
½ January 6, 2008
Une métaphore hilarante de la Roumanie post-Ceaucescu, d'autant plus émouvante qu'il s'agit du film posthume d'une jeune réalisateur de 26 ans. Impressionnant de maîtrise de bout en bout (même si le montage n'était sûrement pas achevé). Irresistible de drôlerie, cette fable n'en relève pas moins d'un propos profond, porté par une causticité remarquable. Il restera sûrement comme l'un des films phares de ce qu'on nomme "la nouvelle vague roumaine".
January 6, 2008
They are using "ENDLESS" in the parentheses for the English-translated title, which is kind of embarrassing, because I think they mean "UNFINISHED." See, the director died before he could move beyond a rough assembly, and that's what they're releasing, at least on the festival circuit. I'm guessing they didn't want to touch it out of respect, but I actually think it would have been more respectful if one of Nemescu's creative collaborators had taken a crack at cutting it down, because there's probably a great movie in here somewhere. As is, it's only intermittently great.
½ January 3, 2008
The second half is a bit long. But a funny -and sometimes serious- Romanian movie.
January 2, 2008
Hilarious romanian comedy about an american military train on its way to Kosovo stopped in a tiny village in the middle of nowhere (in Romania).. very funny and full of emotion.. good film
January 1, 2008
The definitely true masterpierce of the "Romanian Nouvelle Vague". A fabulous tragi-comedy about absurdity of History and War. Go and see it now !
December 26, 2007
an interesting movie about cultural difference and imperialism....
½ December 22, 2007
interesting romanian movie
December 20, 2007
It is funny and a very good drama.
It is a bit longer though
arashxak
December 17, 2007
An unfinished excellent movie that has nothing less than a finished excellent movie
December 11, 2007
superbe realisation qui devient au fils du film une critique de l'armé americaine
December 8, 2007
A galant effort, unfortunately the last.