California Dreaming (Out of Omaha) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

California Dreaming (Out of Omaha) Reviews

February 15, 2009
I love this movie. I'm a big Patricia Richardson fan:-) Anything with Patricia is worth watching.
September 27, 2008
A truly sad bit of filmmaking... and with big stars like Thompson, Richardson, and Foley. Weird. I don't see this is a "stoop," it's just very... ODD. Whoever made it, had some money.

To be fair, Lea Thompson really excelled. Especially considering she had such poor material to work with, I still believed her as bitchy Southern mom. Foley was useless, so unbelievable as anything other than a miss placed idiot (which is sad and really makes me miss his Kids in the Hall days) with no chemistry with his wife or kids.

And the daughter, was painful to look at.

Another plus, would be the fabulous Patricia Richardson. In such a blase film, she got to be the one firecracker. Pink heels and an ankle bracelet? You've gotta admit, even the great John Waters would get a kick outta that.
½ September 15, 2008
Low budget version of RV
August 24, 2008
The mother has got to be the most annoying person in the world. It has Ethan Phillips (Fleix) from Voyager in is and is the only reason it got 2 stars.
August 10, 2008
not sure,whanna see it cuz i love pat but thats the only reason
August 8, 2008
Painful. I watched it in Fast forward because I couldn't stand it anymore. Loads of stars... What a shame they had to stoop to this!
½ August 5, 2008
I really want to like this movie, but it's so bad it's barely any fun at all. I don't know if it was the direction or the editing, because I can't believe that the actors.. all who have proven their abilities in other movies.. could come off this wooden and unbelievable. This movie is just slapped together from start to finish. There's a smile or two, but it's sad when the funniest part of the movie is when an extremely ancillary character gets lost in a corn field for 2 minutes. I gave it an extra 1/2 star because I love Dave Foley. This movie is about as flavorful as that cold pizza they're eating near the end, and twice as cardboardy.
½ July 6, 2008
The only character I liked was the dog, everyone else I hated with a passion. Poor writing and acting, pointless plot with nothing real to say. Many times I stood up and asked "Why would that happen?"
July 1, 2008
Didn't hold my attention at all and couldn't finish watching it.
½ June 23, 2008
Not a new idea, but a fun movie just for fun. Some things to learn, perhaps, like more is not always better... or kids are always kids.
June 18, 2008
This movie made RV seem like a 5 star movie. Lea Thompson looks the same that she did in Back to the Future. The best part was when she "nearly" killed the dog.
January 9, 2008
This combination of slapstick humor and serious drama seldom works. The cast tries, but it has so many cliches they don't have much to work with. No much effort went in to making this one.