Calle 54 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Calle 54 Reviews

November 7, 2007
great musicians.... excelente documental sobre el jazz latino!
½ October 29, 2007
Great synopsis of Latin jazz and its influence on music past and present, along with its roots. The performances, especially the Elias and Valdez ones, are fantastic.
October 28, 2007
This is to be a tale of African influences on Hispanic music in the Caribbean although it is mainly a profile of Tito Puente. I don't kow. Maybe something was lost in translation but I was expecting more.
October 10, 2007
Love a different "face" of Jazz! These musicians' passion for their music spill over to Life.
September 3, 2007
Que se puede decir de un documental en donde actuan: Michel Camilo, Chucho y Bebo Valdez, Tito Puente, Chico O'Farrill, Eliane Elias, etc??? Creo que con los nombres basta para describir este maravilloso trabajo de Fernando Trueba
September 3, 2007
Lovingly recorded footage, done with lots of passion and understanding, of some of the masters of both contemporary and classic latin jazz. Sublime!
August 28, 2007
This should be mandatory for any real fan or student of music regardless of what style you like!
July 12, 2007
A wonderful movie made for Latin jazz lovers. Not all acts are to my liking but the overall effect is sublime.
July 7, 2007
Absolutley Incredible!
July 2, 2007
In Calle 54, Madrid-based filmmaker Fernando Trueba explores the wide and wonderful world of Latin jazz: a hybrid genre that fuses the clave, samba, flamenco, merengue, and other rhythms from Africa, the Iberian peninsula, and the Americas. ...
June 25, 2007
½ June 25, 2007
June 20, 2007
This is one the best documentaries on Latin Jazz. I watch this almost every morning while eating breakfast, and never get tired of it. It's beautiful from beginning to end.
June 8, 2007
This is an excellent docufilm which provides an awesome and informative account of the evolution of latin jazz both in the USA and cuba. Phenomenal musical footage.
June 7, 2007
Great music, great documentry, amazing quality sound!
June 6, 2007
Great background info, and most important, great footage of the masters of their art performing said art.
½ June 6, 2007
The music is phenomenal but the filmmaking is boring
June 5, 2007
Ok, so no one has seen this? some people have. but still, this is not a movie to miss. If you're interested in latin jazz (or jazz in general for that matter), you should see this. It's an incredible compilation of latin artists (including the late Tito Puente, may he rest in peace). Absolutely incredible.
January 21, 2007
Para los que le guste la musica esta pelicula es suuper chevere
½ May 19, 2006
I don't get tired to see this documentary. The best ever filmed about latin jazz. One of my favourite dvds.