Camila Reviews

• Jan 25, 2010

Nice story that involves religion, love, authoritarian government, feminism, and others. Good!

• Dec 10, 2009

Despite the fact that I know how the story of Camila O'Gorman and Padre Ladislao ended in real life, I kept hoping the filmmaker would use poetic license to change the ending. I loved this movie. Argentina produced really incredible films in the 80s-this one's my favorite.

• Mar 07, 2009

has the feel of romeo and juliet mixed with priesthood....full of temptation, brutality and love....a tragedy but good!

• Dec 29, 2008

uyy q linda!! amo esta peli... me mata la parte de - ladislao estas ahi? - a tu lado camila (pum pum disparos! jaja)

• Sep 23, 2008

Story of Argentinian socialite Camila O'Gorman and her affair with a Catholic priest. Engaging on paper, as it is one of the more primary and authentic examples of real-life forbidden love, but in technique, it's a rather ordinary film. The atmosphere however, is tangible and once the film reaches for verisimilitude in it's drama, that's when it works. Will forever remain a staple of Spanish classrooms nationwide.

• Jun 18, 2008

got to see it again, saw it back in chile, circa 1986 when attending the university in valdivia, brought lots of good memories....

• May 11, 2008

a very beautiful and tragic story of the doomed love between a beautiful girl and a preist. the dialogue isn't that great, and the acting leaves something to be desired, but the cinematography is amazing. i loved the inclusion of Argentine history.

• May 09, 2008

Es que te saca el aliento

Es que te saca el aliento

• Mar 06, 2008

Classic girl-meets-Jesuit priest. Girl-elopes-with-Jesuit-priest. Girl incurs-wrath of partriarchal establishment story.

• Feb 25, 2008

It was an interesting movie, but would've liked to have seen the very end of the movie.