Camp Slaughter - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Camp Slaughter Reviews

November 18, 2014
I feel asleep to it that's how bad it was
July 16, 2014
"ENJOY YOUR STAY AT CAMP HIAWATHA . IT WILL BE YOUR LAST!"

- 'Camp Slaughter' is a 2005 low-budget horror film written and directed by Alex Pucci. The film is a wink to the typical 80's slasher film. I absolutely love the genre filled with cliché's, but the acting, dialogues and most of the plot twists are silly. To me it was a night of brainless entertainment filled with annoyance, nothing more. It had potential; what a shame.

Four friends are travelling in a SUV towards Boston. On their way they get lost in the woods until their car breaks down. Spending the night inside the vehicle, Angela, Jen, Mario and Vade hear all sorts of creepy sounds. In the morning they are found by a group of camp counselors, who invite them to their camping ground. The quartet is surprised to find out that the people they have encountered still believe that they are living in the 80s. Then one by one, campers start to disappear. A killer is at work. A killer who is amongst them...
½ January 31, 2013
The director's cut! Now with 15 more minutes of mind numbingly boring, homoerotic, slasher guff.
April 28, 2012
Camp Slaughter features some decent laughs since it involves modern-day college kids getting stuck in some kind of a time warp where they travel back to an early 80s summer camp complete with slasher. Stupid, badly acting, and terrible-looking, Camp Slaughter is a total piece of crap, but it does feature some funny moments at least.
January 28, 2012
Sounds kind of interesting.
November 19, 2011
"Clever twist" my ass. All Camp Slaughter did for me was give me a headache.
October 10, 2010
The Movie Camp Slaughter, is a somewhat unique film in the fact that it contains two interesting twists, first the cast appear back in "time", and second the camp repeats the same day in 80's history everyday, can it be changed?....This film is an independent film, however I found it to be a pretty good movie, if you like lower budget horror films, this film is for you!
April 18, 2010
Okay, this is obviously a B-movie. With that being said, this is great for what it is. Some of the acting in this is pretty crappy and the special effects rather cheesy. The story in this movie is interesting, unique and unpredictable. It kept my attention until the very end. If a major movie company picked this up and remade it, it would be a classic.
December 12, 2009
Sounds kind of interesting.
March 7, 2009
its so bad its good! One of my faves. lol
½ December 10, 2008
Lynn talked me into getting this and...IT SUCKED. It's beyond bad. Gave me a few good laughs but that is because it was so campy and not in a good way. AVOOOIIIIDDDD! Deserves a 1 but I will give a 1.5 just for all the hot male eye candy. ;)
November 26, 2008
Essentially this is low budget indie with a cool premise (present day teens are trapped in a time loop in 1981 wherein the kids at camp are killed and awaken to relive the same day over again). The problems are fairly numerous, though: the acting is 50 decent, 50 horribly laughable; the special effects are pretty low budget (forgivable) but the screenplay is the real failure. The plotting doesn't make much sense and then there is the Carrie-infused final "scare" that naturally makes zero sense.

Definitely a "borrow," not a renter (good luck finding it though).

Bonus points for having the kid from Kyle XY be a well adjusted gay teen.
November 25, 2008
I watched it because a friend is in it, but I have to say it felt like a bad student film. The whole thing was terrible: camera, acting, story, etc. And, seriously, does everyone who dies bleed from the mouth? Really? All it had going for it was eye candy --- which was nice --- but not enough for me to consider watching it again.
½ November 19, 2008
Hm. Skal det vÊre dÄrlig? Hvis sÄ, lykkes den. Men det er fortsatt irriterende at killsa er sÄ dÄrlig regissert, budsjettet er sÄ lavt og skuespillet til tider sÄ dÄrlig. However, ideen, eller historien er skikkelig kul, og blir nesten bare kulere, men siden kvaliteten pÄ bildet, lyd og alt annet er sÄ dÄrlig Þdelegger det for mye. Hadde noen bare laget en remake (MED budsjett) ville det blitt fantastisk.
September 11, 2008
inventive twist... but not much else to back it up.
August 17, 2008
Terrible Terrible acting, the film other than that was really interesting, but after a while i had to turn off as the acting was cringeworthy.
July 26, 2008
nice one , i GUESS !
July 23, 2008
bad bad bad and not in a good way changes plot several times thru out..dull and stupid
July 19, 2008
one really great B movie...lol
½ July 15, 2008
The idea is good, but the execution could have been better. Still, this is alright if you like 80's horror movies. If you like movies where the acting and dialogue are so stupid that you can't help but laugh out loud, this one's for you.