Camp Blood: First Slaughter - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Camp Blood: First Slaughter Reviews

½ October 21, 2017
Camp blood, the infamously cheaply made Friday the 13th rip-off series. All of those things are perfectly shown in this movie. Now, before I start bashing this movie, let me tell you that this movie is a good time. If you watch this with anyone you'll both probably laugh and point out all of the flaws. So this movie does achieve what each movie should achieve. It's entertaining. Very, very, very entertaining. Now, if you want to know all the bad stuff in this movie I'll tell you. First off the acting is horrible. Not just horrible, all of the actors were smirking in this movie. The storyline makes absoulotley zero sense. This movie is filled with pointless scenes that add nothing to the plot. The killer is pretty cool, until we get the worst twist ending ever. It's not that it doesn't make sense it's that *SPOILERS* the killer at the start is clearly a dude but, it turns out he's a girl. Does not make sense. The positives is that the kills in this movie may be CGI most of the time but, their pretty good for a low budget movie. The music is also not that bad. It's better then what I was expecting. So, in the end I recommend this movie for the so bad its good quality.
June 11, 2014
WORST FILM I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE
June 23, 2013
So cheap and shit, it's impossible not to piss yourself laughing! Complete and utter rubbish, but good rubbish! Great for watching with mates on a bad movie night.
December 16, 2012
Brad Sykes really doesn't know how to make a film, does he? This wouldn't even be considered a spoof, it's that bad. Now I know I've started this review in an unfair manor, but I have to consider the unintentional comedy. This film is chalk full of it. The killer is pathetically shit. The acting is wooden. The special effects are awful. The writing is bland and clearly the director has stolen from Friday the 13th. The story is pathetic and bland. I've seen better films made by amateur film makers with no budget. But to the film's credit, it's one of those film's that will keep you coming back. It's so bad, it's good.
September 19, 2012
When you can't be sure whether the fact that all the medical professionals telling the survivor at the end that she's mad are the same people you just saw murdered means that she truly is mad or just that they ran out of actors to play the roles, you know your film is in trouble,
April 5, 2012
seems impossibly bad
½ December 16, 2011
As shitty as it gets. Watchable if only for the ridiculous acting, such as: "My wife! no! no!".
December 5, 2011
seems impossibly bad
November 14, 2011
OMFG it doesnt even deserve half a star.
½ October 23, 2011
Jacking its name from the working title of 'Friday the 13th,' Camp Blood similarly doesn't meet the prerequisite level of expertise to be quality B-horror. If you prefer your trash films to be cheesy in a Something Weird Video way, over Full Moon-type student films, steer clear. Plot is "Kill Joy" storming the set of "Blair Witch," and it's not as entertaining as "Camp Blood II."
½ October 22, 2011
The worst, most laughable attempt at a horror movie ever. Just like the piss poor visuals that were most likely filmed on a camcorder, nothing about this movie is remotely good.
August 29, 2011
It's several shades of awful. Beside the student-esque production values, the acting is awful, "gore" effects awful, story awful. It picks up about half-way through and becomes bearable for about ten minutes, and then it gets pretty awful again.
July 15, 2011
A guy with a really cheap camcorder follows a group of really bad actors around the woods, while a chick wearing a clown mask/jumpsuit hacks them up with her rubber machete.

Maybe the $10 they made from filming this pile of crap, will allow the ''director'' to buy a better camcorder for part two.
April 6, 2011
this movie sucks so bad its fuckin hillarious.....theres one scene were the clown pushes the girl down and she says "ow" under her breath, they forgot to cut that out lol.......good to watch wen ur high
March 29, 2011
Any of my friends that love horror have to see this, it's a gem of a bad movie and absolutely hilarious. A Kennedy family classic ;)
½ March 1, 2011
Zero budget slasher that rips off F13 & TCM. Irresistibly entertaining because the badness works in its favor. Adding to the fun is the bad filmtransfer including VHS-like drop outs, fuzzy image, dull colors and was shot way too dark. VHS Grindhouse quality on DVD if you will.
October 6, 2009
best B movie ever. don't miss it. you'll never lok back..........ha...ha...ha
August 20, 2009
This is hilarious! It has clearly been made with zero budget. Shot on a camcorder and edited with a PC package and a Special FX CD. But sadly thats why I found it so entertaining. Yes its damn awful. Yes it has every slasher film cliches imaginable. The acting is shocking and the killer wears a clown mask for Christ sake. But what is achieved here is still more pleasurable to watch than some of the recent big budget Hollywood slashers.
½ July 10, 2009
What were they thinking? It's as bad as it looks.
½ June 19, 2009