Canadian Bacon - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Canadian Bacon Reviews

November 10, 2017
I have to say, I loved this film. My dad helped work on it, so I'm a little biased.
November 8, 2017
Very funny, this movie is only for people who understand geo politics in America. A satirical view of our foreign policy with a lot of truth. Good cssr
October 14, 2017
I can't believe that this movie has such a low score here, this is one great movie. It's funny, great cast, and it actually shows you in satirical way how do political games of this, or any country for that matter actually work. How easy is to manipulate masses, and change their positions over night. As someone mentioned here, not a movie for everybody.
June 19, 2017
Hilarious shots and one-liners at Canada (being a Canadian, I find it very funny)
½ February 23, 2017
Was coloring and would've never sat and watched. Silly but love John Candy
½ February 5, 2017
A nonsensical and unique comedy that harmlessly pokes fun at American and Canadian stereotypes. I actually found it funny and even prefer this to Michael Moore's documentaries. (First and only viewing - 10/7/2008)
December 14, 2016
Mystery science theater Joe 5000: This movie was a comedy about a conspiracy theory. Canada was a fictional with Americans. Someone who worked for the U.S. tried to start a fictional war. Just gain money. Somewhat fuuny. I rate it three stars out ten.
½ October 14, 2015
There's probably a reason this is Michael Moore's only attempt at comedy. One funny line in the whole film. Not good for John Candy's last film.
½ May 7, 2015
Thought it was worth giving this movie another chance but it wasn't. It's such a shame that this movie is one of John Candy's last. He had such a great career in the 80's and early '90s and then he got to end things with this shitslopper and "Wagons East" which is even worse. Sure, there are a few witty jokes going on here but all in all it's still not funny after 20 years.
April 5, 2015
ok, this was pretty dumb. i'm sure they could have come up with a much better satire than this. and i'm Canadian!
½ March 19, 2015
John Candy's last movie is pretty funny. C+
January 28, 2015
I have no idea why this movie was panned so badly. I probably like fewer movies than anybody in America and I found this movie hysterical. OK, it did not rely on constant use of the "f" word or toilet humor to get laughs, which may have disqualified it for most audiences, but it was extremely witty and occasionally hilarious. There were so many jokes on so many levels. Maybe the critics didn't get half of them? It starts funny and actually gets funnier as it goes along.
½ September 22, 2014
Since most Canadians have a good personality, this parody of ourselves will no doubt have Canucks in amusement.
½ September 13, 2014
Candy deserved a much better last picture than this mess.....he will be missed but always remembered.
August 30, 2014
Some of this is hysterical! Worth watching just for the star power.
½ August 28, 2014
It wasn't THAT bad ...
June 13, 2014
Michael Moore should stick to documentaries.
April 23, 2014
I found the humor amusing and there some laugh out loud funny moments. A cute movie that was entertaining.
½ March 14, 2014
Pokes fun at Canada (as a Canadian, I can take a joke, and found it amusing) but even funnier still is how much it makes fun of America with an abundance of stereotypes. An amusing political satire that could have been much better, but I still enjoyed it. Quite the cast too. 6.5/10
March 6, 2014