Candyman: Day of the Dead Reviews

• Jan 04, 2020

Pretty bad, the ending wasn't bad but the rest of the film was mediocre

Pretty bad, the ending wasn't bad but the rest of the film was mediocre

• Aug 11, 2018

This time something goes wrong. but still waiting for a reboot or sequel.

This time something goes wrong. but still waiting for a reboot or sequel.

• Apr 10, 2016

I found this movie surprisingly scary. Of course, the Candyman series as a whole scares the crap outta me like no other horror film. Maybe I'm just bias. IMO though, I found this one to be refreshingly reminiscent of the original and the sequel. Tony Todd (as always) super-chills each scene with his tumultuous presence as the hook-wielding, seemingly lonely-ghosted ghoul that just can't voluntarily kill the ones he really wants. Lol

• Dec 04, 2015

Okay, ugh. I just don't like this series at all. Resident douche, Dan Robbitae is back killing everyone and everything around his 10 million white granddaughters who all are obsessed with calling his name and summoning him. Even in this last film, he has nothing to do with Candy and barely had anything to do with it in the first film. By now, it's a stupid ass rinse and repeat situation. His dumbass is brought into the real world through some asshole calling his name 5 times in a mirror. By now, I still don't understand shit. The hook, wtf is up with the hook? He has a nonexistent relationship with Candy. He teleports all around like an asshole coming and going when he pleases. He's obsessed with hanging out in areas, that are considered the projects. Why doesn't he exist in space or countrysides or even other countries? Why does he keep killing everyone and expect his granddaughters to keep supporting him. Don't these all take place around the same time period, how come none of the women in all three films know each other and neither is a previous film referenced. Also, what's the point in destroying him if he keeps coming back? What does he get destroyed and come back? Why did the filmmakers feel the need to repeat the backstory in every single film? Why does the series feel incomplete? This film with different characters and elements and a different location is basically the same as the first two. And really the first movie which isn't even that good is the best one. Tony Todd is a really underrated actor. He's becoming one of my favorites, but I need to watch more of his films.

• Jul 09, 2015

Throw away. Just a complete waist of time. My hour and thirty minutes in life have just been waisted on a excruciating film that has no real charisma, emotion, integrity, inspiration, nor originality! Honestly I had hope for this film when I saw it OnDemand. So out of my curiosity and being bored I decided to watch "Candyman 3: Day Of The Dead". Yep, and guess what?! When the movie ended and the credits started rolling I was almost asleep. This movie is irritatingly boring. Like most of the movie nothing happens. The film in a nutshell is filled up with underdeveloped characters, useless sub-plots, and unnecessary forced drama. The real positive in "Candyman 3" is Candyman but, he is barely in it. Also you kind of make him a weak villain towards the end and make him overall less menacing. Besides the flaws of Candyman's character he is still the highlight of the movie. Of course you may not even notice that because of the terrible acting. Unbearable dialogue probably one of the worst scripts I have witnessed. Stupid character decisions. Lack of real tension or suspense. And the whole factor of not being entertained by its plot nor the movie itself. Yeah the movie does have one or two good kill scenes. And I have to say the appearance of Candyman in the scene in the subway was pretty cool. That being said the movie has materials to make it originally scary but chose to go a cheap uninspiring route by throwing in a jump scare to cause "tension". Even the title of this movie "Day Of The Dead" is barely mentioned in the film. Yeah I know that is the setting of the movie but c'mon how is this tied up to the mythology of Candyman? So many plot holes I did not even bother to keep track. And the biggest flaw in this film is that it is not scary. Not at all...say yeah you have a great movie like you know the original Candyman and follow it up with an horrible, uninspiring load of garbage that we call a film. That should not happen...no wonder horror is dying now in this day in age. Overall, "Candyman 3: Day Of The Dead" gets a D grading. There are some limited decent things that is in this film. That being said you will have to get through the poor filmmaking aspect of it first and lastly. Not worth your time nor attention.

• Jul 03, 2014

Tell me if this plot sounds familiar; a woman hears about candyman, she doesn't believe he is real, but candyman shows up, tells the woman that he wants her as his victim, he kills people and then dissapears, framing the woman for the murders. Now gee, that sounds like the plot of the first candyman, doesn't it? well if you also guessed that I was summarizing candyman 3, then you would also be right. This movie tries to rehash the first candyman's plot with little to no new story elements. The second candyman was terrible but at least it tried to do something new with kind of an origin story to candyman. This film has terrible acting (with the exception of tony todd), award dialogue, and overall, its just a clumsily directed and lazily scripted film that is just mildly entertaining due to the film being so terrible that it's laughable.

• May 13, 2014

Somewhat silly, but not as silly as 2 was, probably same quality. This time the action switches to Los Angeles, you know, for that latin american hook... not too sure about that one, 2 made more sense in New Orleans.. Actually, nothing really does make sense in this movie, it;s just coon goofy, and I just took it as a dumb scare ride, nothing more.

• Feb 16, 2014

This 3rd 1999 sequel was weak! No wonder it went straight to DVD. The first two candyman movies was really good! The only thing I like about this movie was you got more of the background of candyman's past. Tony Todd is still a great actor!

• Oct 30, 2013

Only one word to describe this, shitty!

Only one word to describe this, shitty!

• Jul 05, 2013

Uninteresting story with more of the same. The characters are bad, Candyman doen't appear often enough, and the plot goes nowhere. It has some nice gory moments, but otherwise, it's just a repeat of things we've seen before.