Cannery Row - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Cannery Row Reviews

½ August 25, 2008
A crazy yet coherent community with a rare love story hidden inside. The novel was by John Steinbeck.
August 13, 2008
Fans of Steinbeck, beware. The only thing this movie really has in common with the book is the title.
July 23, 2008
Lovely drama..superb narration...quite refreshing compared to the movies of it for a relaxing evening...
July 12, 2008
The book sucked. Read Of Mice and Men instead of reading or watching this travesty.
July 11, 2008
½ May 16, 2008
Who thought Debra Winger & Nick Nolte could act?
The wonderful narration by John Huston and scen setting jazz music throughout brings this adaptation of the Steinbeck novel to life.

Desperate in desperate times desperately trying not to come across as desperate when obviously they are desperate for each others companionship to drag them out of their equally desperate situations.

Now how is that for a desperately badly written review?
½ April 17, 2008
Beer milkshake anyone????
April 1, 2008
One of my all time favorites. Why did they never release it on DVD?
March 1, 2008
This movie is a gem. Its about frogs and baseballs . I love the ball shots and the occasional advanced 3D sorta thing. The Narration in this movie is fine story telling. from an author that some of us had to read. George Steinbeck. Awesome movie . a real story and some humor too.. or was that drama or a sureal attempt at a poke in the society eye.. I don't know. Watch it. you will love it too
February 10, 2008
One of Nick Noltes Greatest films...
December 24, 2007
I'm a fan of the books anyway, but the storytelling here is great.
November 27, 2007
Great movie, actually more like a drama. Little elements, great emotions. Funny and sad at the same time.
November 10, 2007
I love the narration in this movie, the charaters make it better than average, very human. Who wants a beer milkshake?
August 26, 2007
Amazing little gem that is practically off of the map. Nick Nolte and Debra Winger's best performances.
August 26, 2007
As a Steinbeck junkie, I had such high hopes for this film. I was sorely disappointed.
August 8, 2007
It's been a long time...All I remember about this film is the quirky, innocent feel, even though the subject matter wasn't always so. It's very hard to find, but I'd be willing to pay $14.99 to add it to my collection. (That's a lot for me.)
August 5, 2007
The first time I saw this movie, my brother Jerry said I had to see it. And its one of my favorites.
July 27, 2007
Sounds like it has nothing to do with the book what so freaking ever...looks like they ruined it by adding crap that Steinbeck never wrote.
July 17, 2007
This was a rather nice interpretation of the novel--at least from what I've already seen of it.
July 15, 2007
I think this is one of the most unusual love stories on film. The dance scene is hilarious! They almost kill each other trying to prove they can do the steps. (grin)