Cannibal Ferox - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Cannibal Ferox Reviews

February 11, 2017
The animal cruelty aside, this is a good Italian cannibal movie, coming just one year after Cannibal Holocaust and extremely similar. Cool soundtrack and lots of ridiculous gore scenes. Also the main character looks a lot like Trey Parker
November 10, 2016
Une pâle copie de Cannibal Holocaust (déjà pas le meilleur film de la terre, qui plus est)
July 30, 2016
Pretty cool for the cheesy Italian cannibal sub-genre. I actually prefer it to Holocaust, it was more entertaining. I liked when buddy got his up and commence.
June 9, 2016
Clunky, slow-paced exploitation film almost devoid of suspense. Docked one star for pointless depictions of real animal violence. The American title of Cannibal Ferox is Make Them Die Slowly- undoubtedly an inside joke by writer/director Umberto Lenzi referring to the intended affect on audiences unlucky enough to sit through the entire movie.
April 4, 2016
Like its also notorious counterpart Cannibal Holocaust, Cannibal Ferox is rather tame by today's standards. Unlike Cannibal Holocaust it's merely an average flick.
½ March 18, 2016
If you don't know what this movie is....then you're a normal human.
January 17, 2016
Although Cannibal Holocaust is a breakthrough, Cannibal Ferox is easier to follow story wise, and doesn't hold back on any of the ultra violence. Could possibly be my favorite Cannibal movie.
January 8, 2016
It's a faithful imitation of 'Cannibal Holocaust' for better and for worse, but it lacks the same intensity and venom that its predecessor had. It's serviceable enough, but really only genre completists need bother.
½ September 30, 2015
This movie was banned in a few countries when it was first released, now I know why. Bad acting, violent abuse of animals, cheesy script and horrible soundtrack.
September 30, 2015
Just got done watching first, Cannibal Holocaust, ELI ROTH: The Green Inferno, and this movie. All great cannibal movies. By far this is my 2nd favorite cannibal movie of all time due to realistic gore and scenery. Acting was solid, but I wasn't crazy about the choices the actors made before they got tortured and eaten slowly. I thought that was stupid and thoughtless for them to do and for the director to make that final decision. Although, the movie had to go on for the most intriguing parts to come within true terror and gore. Great and entertaining movie to watch. Nasty, brutal, and psychotic. A must see. Some scares within certain scenes. Out of my honest opinion between the 3 movies. Cannibal holocaust will always be the number 1 best cannibal movie of all time do to sickening perversion, absolute realistic footage, slow murder, intense suspenseful scenes, and abbe rant torture, grisly, and repulsive violence for a documentary. Don't care if its fake, still the best !!!
September 26, 2015
Cannibal Ferox is one of the best films in the cannibal genre. It's a must see for horror fans.
September 25, 2015
A Cannibal Holocaust "wannabe" and not even close to being as intense. The production values are low and the acting emotion needs work.
September 17, 2015
Disgusting, awfully written, and terribly acted! This is ALMOST worse than Cannibal Holocaust, and that is saying a lot! F
September 6, 2015
The best Italian cannibal movie ever....whatever that means...
½ August 9, 2015
cannibal ferox is a movie that happened shortly after cannibal holocaust. it is an ok movie the gore was gross but not as gross as cannibal holocaust.
July 2, 2015
Trashier retread of a trashy attempt at art-house. It's nasty, unforgiving and graphic. Not bad if you can stomach it but considering Cannibal Holocaust tells the same story better, just watch that.
½ January 8, 2015
Seems to follow the cannibal movie template. Dumb story with some violence, animals dying and some nudity for the icing on the cake.
November 30, 2014
It's a legitimately better film than its much better known Italian genre cousin Cannibal Holocaust, (thanks to its superior plot) but that isn't saying much.
July 13, 2014
So similar to Cannibal Holocaust that they might as well be the same film. If my memory serves me right, this is a little better. It has a deeper story and the acting is better, although still not at a good level. I was expecting this to be a more difficult watch than it was as it's notoriosity led me to believe. If there were less scenes of animals being killed then I would say that they got the gore factor just right.
July 7, 2014