Cannibal Holocaust - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Cannibal Holocaust Reviews

April 27, 2017
One of my favourites, a sick twisted film
½ April 9, 2017
Fucking TRASH. Basically a boring animal snuff film. Its really just animals dying for NO REASON and asshole white people being assholes in the woods. How the fuck is this a masterpiece???????
March 20, 2017
Better to rest in the warm belly of a friend than in the cold cold ground
½ January 7, 2017
This movie wants you to feel dirty, and it does.
December 24, 2016
Enthralling deconstruction of exploitation that works as exploitation itself.
November 1, 2016
Sencillamente el film mas polémico de los años 80' y una de las peliculas mas crudas de todos los tiempos, siendo prohibida en numerosos países, incluyendo Italia, Australia y el Reino Unido. Además de las escenas gore, la película contiene escenas de violencia sexual y crueldad hacia los animales, al director se le impuso una fuerte multa y además se le obligó demostrar que los actores vivían y no estaban en presencia de un film Snuff.
Con esa carta de presentación ¿ no verías el film? la película trata sobre 4 jóvenes desaparecidos en la selva del Amazonas que se encontraban grabando un documental llamado "Infierno Verde" sobre las tribus que allí habitaban sobretodo las canibales, Un antropólogo llamado Harold Monroe viaja a la jungla para investigar qué les ocurrió y al recuperar las cintas y material grabado por los excursionistas, viviremos en primera fila y casi que en primera persona quienes son en realidad los verdaderos salvajes en esta trama.
De principio a fin es una pelicula que te mantendrá pegado a tu asiento y que al final te dejará una fuerte reflexión sobre la mal llamada sociedad en que vivimos y hasta donde puede llegar la ambición y barbarie humana cuando esta es provocada hasta sus máximas consecuencias.
October 30, 2016
One of the most violently disturbing films of all time!
½ October 28, 2016
The storyline sucked, and the fact real animals were killed for the movie disgusted me. I got bored of all the scenes of senseless violence, and the running time of the movie was far too long. The only thing I liked about the whole movie was the music, and have no idea why the composer would even want their music in such a movie.
October 17, 2016
Une demie étoile en moins à cause des animaux tués
½ October 5, 2016
This film still holds up well even today...
August 13, 2016
Brutal for it's time and still is today. This movie holds up VERY well so don't worry about it being "old". A must see for horror fans. One star off because there is real live animal torture and killing. Not for the faint of heart.
August 13, 2016
Utterly gruesome and so terrifyingly real it can be very hard to watch. Watching each and every scene you really feel like you're watching true footage instead of staged, yes I know the animal violence is very real. And yet it's strangely compelling to see. It's one of those movies that I would recommend people see, but if anyone can't make it through or just doesn't have the stomach for, I'll completely understand.
½ August 4, 2016
Absolutely horrible. The sickest (disgusting) movie I've ever seen. The scenes when they murdered the innocent animals for food was just putrid, it showed the animals suffering and was stupidly graphic. There was also so much rape and overall this movie was completely appalling!
July 22, 2016
It's a good movie, even an important movie. (There's no Blair Witch without this movie)...BUT, if you have a queasy stomach, avoid at all costs. Scenes of rape, murder and the killing of animals (the murder of animals are very real). Go ahead and watch it if you can, but don't say I didn't warn ya.
July 3, 2016
Um dos melhores filmes de horror que já vi
June 25, 2016
I LOVE THIS MOVIE!!!
½ June 23, 2016
If you like gore, rape and "immoral" acts, then here's a film for you. A few scenes of culture learning do not make up for an un entertaining film with characters I don't care about.
½ May 23, 2016
A very realistic found footage film. With multiple rape scenes and legitimate animal killings, this one is not for the faint-hearted. At its core, Cannibal Holocaust is a choppy, disgusting mess. This films only purpose is shock value and i guess it achieves that.
½ May 9, 2016
The effects here are just incredible. It's no surprise the director was accused of making a snuff film! But aside from the legendary brutality, there's a good story and some intriguing social commentary to be found.
The only thing I found inexcusable was the animal cruelty (save when it was clear the tribes involved in filming were using the animals for food).
½ May 2, 2016
While nobody can argue about how repulsive and unnecessary the animal cruelly is, this is still a well made film. The gore is undeniably effective, the cinematography is fantastic(introducing the found footage style) and the social commentary while hypocritical at points is still very unique and relevant to this day