Cannibal Holocaust - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Cannibal Holocaust Reviews

December 2, 2017
Most controversial movie of all time good effects what upsets me is the animals deaths but it is a very good movie
December 2, 2017
Goriest movie ever made.
October 19, 2017
Brutal, and the message it sends is beautiful; are we really the monsters?
½ October 7, 2017
Even though this movie was sick this movie had good storyline and was very good
September 4, 2017
ohmygosh; not that this is new information, but people are assholes. i never know how to rate these kinds of movies because i would rather not watch them again, but that's the point of the movie -- to make you not want to watch it again -- so it does it's job very well. i kept thinking this movie reminded me of Green Inferno & then they mentioned "Green Inferno" in the film so i wonder if that film was a runoff of this one (CH is worse than GI in my opinion). at any rate, this film made me feel really icky while watching it. it's quite disturbing. & the most disturbing parts of due to the "cultured" people, not the indigenous ones; that's the saddest part. no wonder it's banned in how many countries.
August 12, 2017
A film ahead of its time and brilliant direction from Deodato. It's not to be taken lightly as there is incredibly shocking violence and rape. The score is beautifully disturbing.
July 17, 2017
The ferocity of this film holds up remarkably well, and the cultural commentary remains relevant. The unsimulated on-screen brutalization of animals is heinous and obscene, and I wholeheartedly denounce it, but I can't deny its effectiveness.
½ July 6, 2017
This "film" is absolutely disgusting. The acting is poor, it's a found footage film so the camera work is often shaky and distracting. The scenes that feature actual animal killing and some needless rape scenes are despicable, and just there for shock value. I get the films message about extreme journalism, and how civilized, normal people can descend into savagery when their are no rules, paralleling the actions of the journalists and cannibals. but the directors point is totally lost by his needlessly extreme, and pointlessly brutal actions. Cannibal holocaust is a waste of what could've been dark, relevant social commentary, and instead spins into pointless schlock. It's a horrible film, a waste of 90 minutes, and irritated me not for the reasons the director wanted.
½ July 2, 2017
You know the saying "All deeds gather their just reward?" Well, this is that lesson taken to the absolute extreme... and then some.
½ May 26, 2017
Filled with real violence towards animals (they really kill those animals), rape, and exploitation, this a horror movie that is unwatchable for all of the wrong reasons. If you're really into this sort of bullshit, you're better off watching actual videos of animal torture or beheadings or something, this isn't worth anyone's time.
May 24, 2017
Five stars for pure horror. I can't say I like this movie. It is just vile and disgusting, but that's what's intended and this movie does it masterfully.
April 27, 2017
One of my favourites, a sick twisted film
½ April 9, 2017
Fucking TRASH. Basically a boring animal snuff film. Its really just animals dying for NO REASON and asshole white people being assholes in the woods. How the fuck is this a masterpiece???????
March 20, 2017
Better to rest in the warm belly of a friend than in the cold cold ground
½ January 7, 2017
This movie wants you to feel dirty, and it does.
December 24, 2016
Enthralling deconstruction of exploitation that works as exploitation itself.
November 1, 2016
Sencillamente el film mas polémico de los años 80' y una de las peliculas mas crudas de todos los tiempos, siendo prohibida en numerosos países, incluyendo Italia, Australia y el Reino Unido. Además de las escenas gore, la película contiene escenas de violencia sexual y crueldad hacia los animales, al director se le impuso una fuerte multa y además se le obligó demostrar que los actores vivían y no estaban en presencia de un film Snuff.
Con esa carta de presentación ¿ no verías el film? la película trata sobre 4 jóvenes desaparecidos en la selva del Amazonas que se encontraban grabando un documental llamado "Infierno Verde" sobre las tribus que allí habitaban sobretodo las canibales, Un antropólogo llamado Harold Monroe viaja a la jungla para investigar qué les ocurrió y al recuperar las cintas y material grabado por los excursionistas, viviremos en primera fila y casi que en primera persona quienes son en realidad los verdaderos salvajes en esta trama.
De principio a fin es una pelicula que te mantendrá pegado a tu asiento y que al final te dejará una fuerte reflexión sobre la mal llamada sociedad en que vivimos y hasta donde puede llegar la ambición y barbarie humana cuando esta es provocada hasta sus máximas consecuencias.
October 30, 2016
One of the most violently disturbing films of all time!
½ October 28, 2016
The storyline sucked, and the fact real animals were killed for the movie disgusted me. I got bored of all the scenes of senseless violence, and the running time of the movie was far too long. The only thing I liked about the whole movie was the music, and have no idea why the composer would even want their music in such a movie.
October 17, 2016
Une demie étoile en moins à cause des animaux tués