Cannonball - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Cannonball Reviews

May 16, 2016
Cannonball! is the low-budget 70s entertainment that fueled the inspiration of Quentin Tarantino. Sadly, this type of film just feels cheap and uninspiring to me. Weird characters, mediocre acting, and just destruction to be destructive. Not my cup of adrenaline.
May 3, 2016
If you like low budget 70's style car movies Cannonball is for you.
a low budget movie which tries. The real star is the classic cars. A few name actors, and a Stallone cameo! The cheesier humor makes this b minus film. The over pass stunt is a must see. 2 stars.
½ December 21, 2014
Un an après Death Race 2000, Paul Bartel et David Carradine remettent le couvert avec un nouveau film de destruction automobile, Cannonball. Cependant, comparé à son aîné, le film se veut beaucoup plus grand public. Malheureusement, tout l'humour ajouté y est beaucoup moins efficace que le cynisme de Death Race 2000 et le trop plein d'acteur finit par fatiguer, surtout avec le charisme d'huître de David Carradine. Cannonball manque de rythme, d'intérêt et de fun (et ce, malgré une scène avec Paul Bartel himself, Martin Scorsese et Sylvester Stallone en mafieux).
August 17, 2014
Looks really bad by the trailer lol ill pass!!!
September 22, 2013
A group of people take place in the Los-Angeles-to-New York Trans American Grand Prix and it's completely illegal at speeds up to 280 kilometres an hour!

There are no judges, no loyalties and no rules. First Prize in this race where anything goes is $100 000 and the coveted title of "King Of The Road Racers"

stars David Carradine, Bill McKinney, Veronica Hamel, Gerrit Graham, Belinda Balaski, Judy Canova, Carl Gottlieb and Archie Hahn III.

directed by Paul Bartel.
May 27, 2013
"Unofficial" sequel to Death Race 2000. Pretty much a duplicate copy of the film with the same director, stars and plot. Only differences are the characters and not as much action or the over the top violence as its predecessor.
December 7, 2012
Worth finding and watching!
October 27, 2012
Outlaw car race from LA to New York sees drivers vying for $100k. A few racers die along the way and presumably several city drivers too in a massive fiery freeway pileup but no remorse shown. Sly Stallone has an uncredited role eating KFC.
August 23, 2011
Fantastic movie. I watched it about 15 years ago, and it's still a great piece.
½ December 15, 2010
Destruction Galore !! Lol a funny movie all throught....
September 29, 2010
Loved it, great cast.
September 22, 2010
May 9, 2010
Komplett ræva, men kul, film
½ March 1, 2010
The inferior of David Carradine and Paul Bartel's car racing movies. Unlike 2000, this really doesn't have the fun and originality it should. The premise is really interesting, but that's just all it is. I will defend the stunt work, however, due to the fact that it looks 100% real. If you love David Carradine it's completely worth it, but I've seen a lot better.
January 27, 2010
A fun cross country race w/ a bevy of Corman regulars which is probably the best of its kind. Cannonball Run rips this movie off but its more zany & not is not nearly as good (even though it has a good cast you just can't match Dick Miller) Hell this even has a cameo of Sylvester Stallone eating Kentucky Fried Chicken
January 10, 2010
Another cannonball run from California to NYC with expected cast of varied participants. At times it attempts to be funny but it's pretty dark overall; most of the entrants don't even survive let alone finish.
½ December 18, 2009
I enjoyed this, a nice cars-plotation movie but I think we all could agree the story isn't deep and neither are the characters. They are fun and so is the movie but it is nothing but a movie about a race. No love or deeper motives. Just a good race.
½ August 12, 2009
So-so action flick from Paul Bartel has enough action and fun cameos to make it watchable. Cool cars, too.
½ June 13, 2009
Iâ??m pretty sure that this film is responsible for decades of Car Crash Race Flicks like Cannonball Run Parts I & II, Speed Zone, Rat Race, and even The Fast and The Furious. Itâ??s dated and cheesy at times, but itâ??s also a lot of fun. David Carradine rocks as the pink hoodied but bare chested Cannonball and there are some neat turns by his baby brother Robert and Archie Hahnâ??s Zippo may be as good a fighter as Raggedy Anne but he provides a nifty comic foil. And how could I finish this quick review without mentioning that unnecessary and neverending car pileup at the end. John Landis would have said that was too much. VF.
April 21, 2009
continuing with my car movie theme recently... i only discovered the existence of this movie 2 days ago - the "gumball rally" and "cannonball run" i've seen a few times.

this has some great car footage - much better than "cannonball run". all though this movie is darker than the other 2, people die in this one and there are some horrible wrecks. unlike the other 2 movies in this one they race west to east rather than east to west.

if you like seeing 70's muscle cars open up on the highway this is worth watching.