The Cannonball Run - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Cannonball Run Reviews

September 18, 2014
The greatest movie ever made, even greater than "Citizen Kane," and I'll tell you why. First, "Citizen Kane" did not have Dean Martin and Sammy David Jr. in it. Second, "Kane" did not end with a hilarious blooper reel. "Citizen Kane" < "The Cannonball Run."
July 27, 2014
One of the funniest comedies I've seen of all time and it still holds up! Cast-full of well-knowns of the era that never go dull.
July 1, 2014
Oh my goodness...no words ~?
April 9, 2014
This star-filled race extravaganza, is JUST ok. Seems to be one big in-joke party of all of Burt Reynolds' friends. Not really worth your time.
½ March 30, 2014
Not considered great filmmakimg. But I have always enjoyed this period of Burt Reynolds Films. Just Burt having fun with his friends.
March 3, 2014
A Classic that I loved as a kid and can still enjoy now, with a great cast of old favorites
½ February 4, 2014
Harmless Car-Chase Fun That Is Now Considered Classic 80s Fodder That Showered The Screens In Days Gone By..
January 2, 2014
Love this film. Burt Reynolds and Dom DeLuise are brilliant together. Being a car obsessed kid of the 80's and the Lamborghini Countach being my ultimate car I just had to love this film. The star studded cast are superb. The out takes are fantastic at the end too
December 26, 2013
Saw this movie as a kid and remember really having a great time at the show. I wanted to revisit it, but now after reading some of the reviews...I'm afraid!!!lol
½ December 15, 2013
I've seen this many times, not the best film, but has several laughs, most of which are from Jack Elam. There's some great cars and tons of stars, it's Jackie Chan's first big American film as well. It's not for everyone, but I enjoy it. ever
½ December 9, 2013
The Cannonball Run is a relinquishment of cinematic accountability. The actors make no attempt to earn their paycheck, and the filmmakers make no attempt to make even a good stupid movie.
November 26, 2013
Good ol' drinking and driving and racing and just a bit of racism.
October 26, 2013
This film for me is an antidote to other predictable comedy films like Caddyshack as even though it is as predictable as always it at least has more fun whilst doing it. With many inspired actor choices including Chan who even though only comes on screen once in a while is hilarious as the stereotypical technology crazed Hong Kong racer. This is grade 'A' farce in its most brilliant of forms, fast cars, comedy and fun will ensue from this timeless classic!!! (p.s. the Rolls-Royce Silver Shadow driven by Jamie Farr is my favorite of the cars racing)
August 7, 2013
The Cannonball Run is a fun and entertaining little adventure full of car races, wacky characters, and humorous dialogue. If you're expecting a deeply emotional ride of extreme stunts and romance than this movie is not for you. Its much slower and laid back and is almost self aware. It doesn't take itself to seriously and that's what I really love about this movie. It stars "Burt Reynolds" and the late "Farrah Fawcett" in this goofy little race movie. Its about a race from New York to California in which bending the rules is implied. At the time, its full of famous celebrities that today's audience might not be to familiar with but as it seems they all have wonderful chemistry on camera and everything just fits wonderfully together. The characters have so much life and pep with themselves it seems like they are all really enjoying themselves in this film and that's one of the greatest things this movie has going for itself. Everything comes off as laid back and genuine, everyone is having a good time and it really comes off into the audience. The scenes are completely insane, they get so reckless and desperate to come in first place. Its hilarious, and good old fashioned family fun that everyone can enjoy. Its not a bad movie but really enjoyable and entertaining. See this one with the family and you wont be disappointed.
½ July 29, 2013
A cast of Hollywood stars of the 70's involve themselves in an illegal race across the states. If you don't like a movie with too much plot but loads of action and mindless fun , this is a good movie to watch. Full of hot babes and cool cars!.
June 15, 2013
An assorted group of celebrity misfits team up to compete in 'The Cannonball Sea-to-Shining-Sea Memorial Trophy Dash' a non-stop, 'anything goes' and thoroughly illegal road race from America's Atlantic to Pacific coastline.

stars Burt Reynolds, Roger Moore, Dom DeLuise, Farrah Fawcett, Dean Martin, Sammy Davis Jr, Jamie Farr, Jack Elam, Adrienne Barbeau, Terry Bradshaw, Mel Tillis, Jackie Chan and Jimmy "The Greek" Snyder.

directed by Hal Needham.
June 12, 2013
I like the part where Burt Reynolds calls Sammy Davis Jnr (dressed as a Priest) a "Chocolate Monk" or any scene involving Jackie Chan playing a "Japanese" Racer.
May 19, 2013
Classic! Best guilty pleasure movie ever!
May 18, 2013
It's not as bad as people make it out to be. It's fun for what it is, a goofy comedy.