Cape of Good Hope - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Cape of Good Hope Reviews

February 26, 2013
Kate's story hits home for me. I too was abandoned by my father at fragile age.

It seems like a good movie. Too bad it sets of my dog barking every time dogs bark on the screen. I will watch it at a later time.

Update 2/26: This movie is about how important it is to forgive to be able to move on with life. In society forgiveness is given as a favor or a gift, but forgiveness is not a gift. It is need it to live a full and healthy life.
December 7, 2012
Would like to get round to watching.
April 25, 2012
a pot of odd fellows with misfortunes... and an optimistic ending. i felt as if i was watching the difficulties in life through a poorly-constructed kaleidoscope!
½ April 25, 2012
A light-hearted look at life and love in south africa with class, national and racial divides. The astronomer's fun and the animals adorable -- all in all, a good family drama that ends well. I just wanted to strangle the leading lady a few times throughout the show though.
September 22, 2011
Okay in a made for TV way.
½ September 1, 2008
This was a cute movie, but eventually going nowhere.
August 28, 2008
easy watch. simple story, worth the watch for the acting alone
½ July 10, 2008
I caught it today on Cinemax and I liked the movie (specially the different backgrounds of the characters) :)
½ June 25, 2008
simple but made me smile, thinking there is always hope...even when you think all is lost.
½ June 24, 2008
Agradable de ver, una trama decente aunque sin sobresaltos... ideal para una tarde tranquila.
June 16, 2008
Heart warming, but the story had some holes that made it kind of unsatisfying.
½ June 7, 2008
Beautiful movie with a surprising ending. I enjoyed it, planning to add it to my personal collection. Definitely worth watching to relax and wind down. Has some awesome laughing moments. :-)
June 1, 2008
Funny and intersting view of South Africa but parts were a little lame
May 17, 2008
I love the movies where the heroine always has relationships with lousy self-centered tool boxes but in the end ....
April 21, 2008
i swear, all africa-based movies are touching.
½ March 29, 2008
An interesting film partly, though it often tries too hard with the storytelling having too many subplots. Scenes were sometimes a bit choppy, though the acting was not bad, but seemed inconsistent at times. I liked the initial scenes with Jean Claude & Thabo. A decent SA Film.
February 12, 2008
Horrible, weird movie. Zero Stars.
February 5, 2008
It was a fun movie to watch in the afternoon, but it isn't as deep as I would have liked. The ending was cute and unexpected!
½ January 24, 2008
family friendly
saw it to support the Baha'i directors
South Africa's diversity a highlight
½ January 5, 2008
Fluffy and Breezy, but enjoyable. Touches lightly on the heavier issues facing South Africa.