Capitalism: A Love Story - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Capitalism: A Love Story Reviews

½ June 18, 2018
As usual, Michael Moore mixes up some incredibly interesting factual information with absurd political ideas. It's worth watching for the ties between Goldman Sachs and the US Government. Unfortunately he ruins his expose with his personal politics.
June 10, 2018
Horfði einn uppí rúmi
April 26, 2018
This movie makes me very angry. And I think that's what it was supposed to do.
½ March 17, 2018
no facts. just anecdotal stories
January 20, 2018
Pretty good documentary with micheal Moore.
January 7, 2018
How can people say that this documentary is biased or hypocritical when Moore just basically is reporting the facts of what happened in 2008 with the Wall Street and Banking crisis, and the Reagan deregulations that allowed it to happen. No biased or one sided at all. These are the facts. Facts that Country Wide loaned politicians money with special deals because they knew the owner. Fact the Wall Street executives were bailed out by tax payers, then they misused our money. The 1% got more powerful than ever. Fact!! So what is biased? This was a great documentary.
½ October 19, 2017
He does raise some good points about the bailouts and life insurance on employees, I just wish there were more solutions.
½ July 9, 2017
It's so bad I watched for 10 minutes and returned it to Family Video. This movie is hypocritical as his other movies. Don't watch it!
May 30, 2017
Michael Moore has a passion for his films and this really struck a cord with me. Capitalism is a mindless scheme that sees the rich just seperating the gap between the poor to significant new distances. The corruption at the hands of the government is astonishing, the banks providing deductions to senator loans, these people are suppose to be the watch dogs to keep everything fair. The simple fact is this, a revolt is coming and the rich are just narrow sighted if they think all the money in the world will protect them. Corporate greed is beyond a joke and seeing companies buying life insurances on employees is just sickening. This film opens the doors to the poison of wall street and once you are swept up in the film you'll wonder why you never asked similiar questions. The buy out is ridiculous, where did all that money go? No one deserves 5 million for a bonus, that money should be going to the people who put them there. Capitalism needs to go and a new idealism needs to come in and replace what is a harrowing corrupt system. The banks are in the government and need to caught before it's too late, for them, no one deserves to be lynched for greed and stupidity. 30-05-2017.
February 24, 2017
It's good movie to watch
½ February 16, 2017
Seperti kata Moore, "This is capitalism. A system of taking and giving, mostly taking." Film ini penuh dengan perpaduan cuplikan-cuplikan yang kemudian menjadi sebuah tontonan documenter yang menarik, dan cerdik. Moore selalu punya bukti untuk memperlihatkan, dan itu kunci ketertarikan saat menonton film ini. Usaha-usaha untuk mengontak sampai mencoba menangkap CEO demi keadilan, mungkin terkesan cukup gila dan berani. Namun mengartikan Moore tidak hanya berusaha untuk melakukan investigasi semata, tetapi Ia juga berani bertindak secara nyata.
January 11, 2017
fascinating tales but lack of balance prospectives...he is untrustworthy
November 24, 2016
Michael Moore is more serious than ever before, offering us another very well-edited and thought-out documentary that manages to leave us outraged and indignant just as well over what people and a corrupt system are capable of doing for money.
October 7, 2016
There's a really great moment in this film, the montage of the high life after the second world war ends. America is at the top peak because Germany and Japan's economies were crushed. This documentary explores the global financial crisis, as well as other things. Moore is at his most passionate, but the film is a bit lacking. The outlandish moment was Moore with the armored truck.
½ October 2, 2016
I enjoyed this one and some of the real life stories that it brought to the table along with Michael Moore humour as he looked at Capitalism and how it's destroying the citizens of North America while the corporations get rich. I wonder if he will do a follow-up to see what is being done to fix it or what can be done
June 9, 2016
An insightful documentary examining the lifestyle and survival strategies of the elusive parasitic life forms commonly known as the 1%.
May 23, 2016
It's not bad and has some pretty good points... if you can ignore the obnoxious idol worship that takes up a good portion of the film.
May 22, 2016
Another extraordinary chronicle by Michael Moore - we learn so much. And NO, democracy can't NEVER be "two wolves and a sheep deciding what's for dinner" - but wolves have the power even if they are 1%