Capone Reviews

• 1h ago

There are kids going to sleep hungry tonight, here in the US, and some degenerates in Hollywood decided to waste $20MM to make this garbage. Josh Trank should never touch a pen, pencil, typewriter, computer... or anything to write with, ever again.

• 4h ago

The directing life hasn't been kind to Josh Trank. He started with promise, helming the impressive and entertaining found footage flick Chronicle, and then fell flat on his face with Fantastic 4. In light of this, it's a miracle he was given another high-profile film so soon. Capone is a very bizarre film, and sitting through it, it's hard to tell what Trank was going for. I love Tom Hardy, but he keeps getting saddled with roles where you can't understand what the Hell he's saying, and as such you spent most of the film trying to work out what he's saying. The film itself is a jumbled mess, mostly composed of nonsensical vignettes and extended dream sequences which add nothing to the film except constantly remind us that our leads mind is failing him. The movies does little to make you care about Capone or what he's going through, and most of the time is spent watching him either grumble incoherently or foaming at the mouth. The supporting cast add very little, and with the exception of Linda Cardellini, none are especially likeable. It's a mostly boring slog, and while watching Hardy revel in playing a man who's on the way out is enjoyable here and there, the film has little sense of its own purpose or direction. The film ends so abruptly that the epilogue even seems to be missing some text. It's a film I suspect will live on in infamy, not quite so-bad-its-good, but bad enough that its place on several end of year worst movie lists is assured.

• 9h ago

This movie was awful ... couldn't understand what Capone was saying. I turned it off after 45 minutes -really bad

• 12h ago

Terrible —- waste of my invaluable Covid19 time!!

Terrible —- waste of my invaluable Covid19 time!!

• 14h ago

The performance by Tom Hardy is one for the ages. The only thing that cancels it out is the lackluster supporting cast and a bunch of holes the movie couldn't fix

• 15h ago

Capone sees Josh Trank's return to film, bringing the best in Tom Hardy, but it's execution in ideas needs work to match the standards for an Al Capone film

• 1d ago

I truly feel sorry for the performers involved with this! Without a plot or character development of any type viewers are left to make what they can out of this grotesque A Christmas Carol ripoff!

• 1d ago

What an undignified last year of his life, well deserved. Tom's portrayal disturbed me. I have early dementia and if this is what life will be, I don't want to be there.

Just unwatchable. No story, just someone with dementia

Just unwatchable. No story, just someone with dementia

• 1d ago

Can understand why people don't like it. I think they were expecting something different. I found it a fascinating look into a side of this infamous human that nobody really thought of. Creepy, sad, intriguing, fascinating.