Caprice - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Caprice Reviews

½ July 30, 2015
The continuous double-crossing within the film is the best part of the comedy, the rest of it is pretty much a sickly-romance. Doris Day is looking very aged in this one.
June 20, 2014
This is an example of a movie so dumb that it's almost brilliant. Almost.
March 10, 2014
It's seriously not that bad! I actually found it quite interesting and Doris Day is pretty stylish here running around as a spy. I found a few parts really funny!
March 4, 2014
Our Doris as an Industrial Spy!!!! What a Hoot this one turns out to be with all her bunders
½ November 26, 2013
There can be no denying the high camp-factor at play in this movie. It is quite bad. But, it manages to mix enough "way-out" mid-60's glam w/an uncomfortable Richard Harris and the constant comic mugging of Doris Day that you can't help but be entertained. And, oddly, there is a certain art at play with the way the sets are designed and filmed. But, this is one of those big budget cinematic errors that is fun to watch on a rainy day.
March 28, 2013
"Caprice" (1967) directed by Frank Tashlin is a zany romantic comedy adventure spy movie starring Doris Day as Patricia Foster, an industrial spy trying to get the formula for a new cosmetic hair spray that keeps Women's hair dry in water. Richard Harris is Chistopher White, the apparently double agent whose job is to simultaneously help her but also spy on her for her bosses rival. Doris Day's boss is Sir Jason Fox played by Edward Mulhare. Ray Walston plays Clancy, the apparent inventor of the hairspray. It's a fun romp of a film with a few twists and turns. One of the last film's shot in cinemascope. Good use of occasional slapstick, and I love the mid to late 60s Mod fashions and design. A pretty entertaining movie.
May 14, 2012
I love Doris Day movies but this has got to be one of her worst films.
½ March 28, 2012
a mess, but a nice mess.
September 29, 2011
Stinks- awful- moronic- not funny- no plot- torture to watch- I give it --negative stars.
September 29, 2011
Awful- not funny-talky-stupid plot and totally idiotic characters. Stinks.
August 24, 2011
Caprice is a stylish and funny super spy film. It is about an industrial designer who gets herself into trouble when she sells a secret cosmetics formula to a rival company in Paris. Doris Day and Richard Harris give incredible performances. The screenplay is well written and witty. Frank Tashlin did a great job directing this movie. I enjoyed watching this motion picture because of the comedy. Caprice is a must see.
November 24, 2009
Silly Slapstick...But Doris pulled it off
October 12, 2009
Weird, jumpy, and even odd how she goes into a movie theater showing the movie she's currently in.
January 27, 2009
One of the real dogs Doris made towards the end of her career, almost painful to watch.
January 23, 2009
A great movie that has the wit of comedy and a spy movie
January 20, 2009
It was okay... I am a huge Doris Day fan, and it is definitely not one of her best, but there are a lot of laughs in this spy spoof.
August 4, 2008
I love Doris Day, but this is my least favorite. Poor storyline with a plot that goes nowhere! The best part of the movie was Doris Day, but it wasn't enough.
½ May 24, 2008
What can I say? Im a Doris Day Fan. And some pretty groovy clothes too.
November 29, 2007
The story is great, adventure but not too much if you know what I mean. It is a beautiful movie, I think the costumes as well as the scenery are the most beautiful of any I've seen. It definitely what they call "Best of Class" or "Best of Genre".
October 15, 2007
Good fun - I've no idea how I got to 41 without ever seeing this film. Doris gets the chance to be a little tougher than usual (but also do her usual slapstick/coquettish thing). Enjoyable popcorn pop culture.