Capricorn One - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Capricorn One Reviews

½ August 3, 2013
With a cast consisting of a who's who of great actors of the 70's, this film tells the story of a failed Mars mission that is faked for the world to see. But what happens next?
The star of this film is the exceptional cinematography. The grand look and feel, specifically in the second half truly boost this movie up a notch. And the finale is amazing to watch.
½ June 4, 2013
It has a bizarre 70s jerkiness to it, and it also suffers from the fact that its B story really should be its A story. The scenes involving Elliott Gould are, for the most part, infinitely more entertaining than the ones involving James Brolin. The climactic air chase is actually pretty spectacular, but there's a pathetic excuse for denouement following it. Other than said air chase, the only two reasons to see the film beyond the basic interesting premise are the chance to see OJ Simpson in an astronaut suit and the scene where James Brolin eats a rattlesnake.
May 13, 2013
Just a very fun movie!
½ April 9, 2013
A classic conspiracy theory movie, with a great story, excellent cast, and winning performances all round. Telly Savalas's grouchy pilot in particular provides some welcome comic relief.
March 20, 2013
An interesting premise not fully developed
March 18, 2013
Capricorn one is one of my all time favorites, they should do a reboot.
March 9, 2013
One of the biggest disappointments. Great idea, but just boring.
February 8, 2013
A little slow by today's standards still well-conceived worth seeing two or three times.
January 24, 2013
Remains a decent movie and window into the '70s. Looks good in HD in terms of picture detail.
January 4, 2013
it was a good movie too bad the murderer OJ is in it
December 7, 2012
Would like to get round to watching.
November 29, 2012
A decent science fiction that makes you wonder what these industries get up to when things don't go their way, however it's not well executed and ends up running far too long with far too many 'coincidences'.
October 9, 2012
Interesting thriller film.Has a good idea at its core but doesnt really develope the idea and becomes a little dull half way through.That said it kept me entertained throughout just abit dissapointed by the ending.
½ September 17, 2012
Great conspiracy movie. Some exploding helicopters, some comedy, some government baddies. Good rainy Sunday afternoon movie
September 12, 2012
"We, are dead. We are dead." "Shit, I was such a terrific guy!" haha. Ok, you will love this movie if you promise to do just one thing: throw logic, reason, and common sense out the window. You can have them back when the credits roll. The movie is extremely exciting and entertaining. As a fellow critic said, "it is THE popcorn movie of the 1970s." Another film that melts the genres together, sci-fi, conspiracy, action, comedy, suspense, and it's all thriller once it gets goin. The cast features the quintessential actors of the 70s (Elliott Gould, James Brolin, Hal Holbrook, David Doyle, O.J. SIMPSON (yes, he actually can act when he's not busy killing his wife)). Some of the best dialogue in a non-dialogue-driven movie. For example, they get Elliott Gould, the whitest man of the 70s, to say "You mothers!" And theres also some long monologues and great jokes. Some neat camera work throughout, and the chase scenes easily rival those of any decent action movie. Ok. Now, don't let this detract from those fine qualities, but...if you're looking for plausible events and actions, you will be gravely disappointed. I mean, I could prolly write a separate review that points out everything that's illogical, and it would take days to write. That's the risk you run with most conspiracy movies. Practically nothing in here can happen in real life, but that's part of the point, this is a fictional movie, and the goal was to put you on the "edge of your seat" and let you have a good time. Well, it worked on me :]
September 1, 2012
Finally got around to seeing this. Found it in, of all places, Giant Tiger for $2.99! Decent little conspiracy flick.
August 26, 2012
A movie that asks many good questions. "Did we really go to the Moon" If so, why haven't we or anyone else went back???
August 26, 2012
Spoiler: el negro muere primero xD
½ August 26, 2012
I saw this as a kid and was absolutely enthralled. Time hasn't been kind to it: the dialogue's clunky and the direction's a bit lacking but there are still a couple of scenes which grab and the premise is smashing.