Captain America: The First Avenger - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Captain America: The First Avenger Reviews

October 20, 2016
Several parts gripped me, whereas others failed to grab my attention. I wouldn't bother watching it again.
October 15, 2016
I personally thought this movie was phenomenal. It shows the hardship that Steve Rogers went through before he was a soldier, as well as show casing the hardship he does through as a soldier.
½ October 10, 2016
Got a bit boring at times but still a good film
October 9, 2016
½ September 26, 2016
Not my favorite in the avenger series. Still good though. Such a sad ending.
September 25, 2016
Pretty good especially since it's an origin story
½ September 24, 2016
Nicely set up, with good introduction to how cap became cap. It's failure for me was Weaving as the Red Skull who undeliberatley made him sound like Victor Meldrew. I can't watch it without thinking he's going to say "I don't believe it!"
½ September 23, 2016
Cap,Bucky,Red Skull,Hitler makes up a Captain America First Avenger combination and it's a damn good one,Pros,Chris Evans,Joe Johnston's directing is an amazing great orchestrated plot line,Hugo Weaving as Red Skull,Sebastian Stan as Bucky like always,Tommy Lee Jones,Hayley Atwell,the action against the nazis and it's well choreographed,Samuel L Jackson's few lines at the end,this is good everyone should appreciate it it's not Winter Solider or Civil War but it's great
½ September 13, 2016
The character development is purely awesome.
September 10, 2016
only thing that looks gay is red skulls face. but otherwise looks like a good film
½ September 10, 2016
Evens' first appearance in the marvel cinematic universe was a great performance and stepping stone into what is likely to be a career definition for the actor. The visual effects were both of an amazing quality and highly engaging, with a stellar back up cast to set the scene for one of the greatest movie franchises in history thus far. With some rushed plot towards the end of the film, some fans could argue that Weaving's character's defeat was somewhat anticlimactic. Nonetheless, with some classic American patriotism, a little romance and breathtaking action it is undoubtedly a movie worth seeing; a testament to Disney's ability to revitalise cinema over so many genres.
September 5, 2016
Very good retro superhero film
September 5, 2016
Decent. A good build-up and plenty of action. Cheesy, but entertaining.
September 4, 2016
One of the most surprising and entertaining action movies ever!
August 31, 2016
Evoking classic entertainment and superhero themes, Captain America: The First Avenger is an action/adventure success with few missteps.

V: 72%
August 16, 2016
Brilliant, definitely the best Captain America movie, great origin story.
August 15, 2016
Great dilm captain america is my favorite avenger
August 14, 2016
I liked it but the biggest problem in superhero movies is the passing especially this one
August 13, 2016
A welcome addition into the MCU thanks to Chris Evans' great performance as Captain America amongst a talented cast, and interesting plot.
August 12, 2016
Great origin film for Cap, praised the action, the story, great cast and it set up The Avengers perfectly!