Captain America: The First Avenger - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Captain America: The First Avenger Reviews

January 19, 2017
This is easily one of my favorite all time movies. This was marvel at its best and had a compelling and action packed story
½ January 18, 2017
This is an exceptional movie with great period design and excellent performances. The writing is so skillful to keep Steve the underdog hero, even after he becomes a handsome, genetically perfect super soldier and the ending is a heart-breaker.
½ January 12, 2017
Another very good popcorn flick from Marvel. I think the majority of wave 1 of Marvels films are fun yet forgettable.
January 7, 2017
My full opinion: 6.2/10.
January 6, 2017
A great kickoff to the amazing Captain America trilogy
January 6, 2017
The first half, showcasing the essence of Rogers character is excellent. The rest is pretty good
½ January 1, 2017
Captain America: The First Avenger is a underrated gem that is very deserving of more attention. It's first 45 minutes might just be one of the most memorable parts of the movie since it has great pacing and characters on who Steve Rogers is.
Chris Evans did a great symbol on the American Hero and Hugo Weaving is a watchable Red Skull. After the First Act finishes, the pacing can be all over the place and most is for a commerical for The Avengers,but it is still decently enjoyable. Please give this thing the respect it possibly even needs.
½ December 23, 2016
Really forgettable I don't think there's a scene where I can be hyped the most exciting scene is when Peggy shows caps shield. I hate to be mean but marvel has been dying to me. Hopefully the new spider man can change my mind of marvel even though Sonys doing spider man
December 23, 2016
Not exactly a cinematic tour-de-force but none the less for it! Chris Evans is the perfect Captain America and carries the role well. Bodes well for Cap's future outings!
½ December 20, 2016
Not too far removed from the level of Thor and Iron Man 2.
December 20, 2016
Slow start but got better as it went along. I finally know how Captain America was created. Great ending!
½ December 14, 2016
A good introduction for Cap but not nearly as good as the latter films.
December 13, 2016
This was an absolutely outstanding film! I enjoyed it very much. I have watched it over & over because it is so great! I love the movie and the hero. It is so good and inspiring. GO WATCH THIS MOVIE IT IS SO GREAT!
December 7, 2016
Nothing about Captain America 1 really clicks and it feels a bit tired.
November 30, 2016
The best of the Phase One Marvel movies.
½ November 30, 2016
A solid superhero film, interesting story, well-done acting, good action scenes, and a good romance too. Not a great marvel film, but is still highly enjoyable!
November 30, 2016
This is a fantastic start to the captain america series, it has a great storyline and plenty of action. Its easy to follow and whilst the villain looks ridiculous and is very generic its an entertaining watch. My favourite of all the avengers is born.
½ November 30, 2016
Captain America: The First Avenger is very well made with a different and interesting time period for Marvel, solid characters, some very good lines, a solid villain and the first half is very entertaining, but the second half is boring and the film is ultimately a forgettable MCU entry owing to its typical origin story and very uninspired action sequences.
November 28, 2016
Great entertainer and action with a pretty good story line. well directed and edited