Captain America: The First Avenger - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Captain America: The First Avenger Reviews

November 30, 2016
The best of the Phase One Marvel movies.
½ November 30, 2016
A solid superhero film, interesting story, well-done acting, good action scenes, and a good romance too. Not a great marvel film, but is still highly enjoyable!
November 30, 2016
This is a fantastic start to the captain america series, it has a great storyline and plenty of action. Its easy to follow and whilst the villain looks ridiculous and is very generic its an entertaining watch. My favourite of all the avengers is born.
½ November 30, 2016
Captain America: The First Avenger is very well made with a different and interesting time period for Marvel, solid characters, some very good lines, a solid villain and the first half is very entertaining, but the second half is boring and the film is ultimately a forgettable MCU entry owing to its typical origin story and very uninspired action sequences.
November 28, 2016
Great entertainer and action with a pretty good story line. well directed and edited
November 26, 2016
Chris Evans is terrible and captain America is a loser
½ November 24, 2016
Another forgettable prequel to The Avengers that doesn't seem to be something of its own, with a plot that is mostly dull, action scenes that are unimpressive for a superhero movie, and a poorly developed villain with uninspired plans of destroying the world.
November 16, 2016
the cast is amazing, you have Chris Evans, Dominic Cooper, Tommy Lee Jones, HUGO WEAVING? how do you waste such a cast on such a mediocre movie. my biggest complaint is the villain, MY GOD, IS HE HORRIBLE. not only does his evil plan seem boring and cliched but he has no personality.

Owens grade: C-
½ November 12, 2016
To me, this film made Captain America look like a legend because he survived an experiment, not for anything he actually did. It took long to get going
½ November 12, 2016
Probably the freshest of the Phase One films, Captain America: The First Avenger was masterfully told, with plenty of action and emotional impact, as well as great acting, thanks to the incredible cast.
½ November 9, 2016
This movie about the most serious character in Avengers delivers the most impressive backstory.
½ November 9, 2016
Captain America is one of my favorite heroes, I like your comic, as I also liked that film, he has an interesting story with a few different things from the comics, but we can not expect the film to be identical to the comic, after all Cinema is like an alternate universe, some scenes show good special effects, but there are other scenes that are a little strange, I thought Chris Evans as Captain was great, and overall this movie is good.
½ November 8, 2016
Hugo just sucks, but PEGGY CARTER rules. CHRIS EVANS is beautiful.
November 7, 2016
An ok, though slightly dull movie. Marvel's first misstep that has no surprises, and is hard to get thrilled by as we know the ending before the movie even starts and due to it's place in the timeline know it has no effect on the other Marvel movies.
½ November 7, 2016
One of the best origin stories I have ever seen. Chris Evans is Captain America as he is fantastic in the role. Much better in this role than his previous Human Torch.
November 6, 2016
Pretty good especially since it's an origin story
November 4, 2016
The Fist Avenger is pretty enjoable. Solid, nothing special, but also few things to complain.
November 3, 2016
i'm looking forward to see the captain america's 2nd avenger. =]
½ October 31, 2016
WHAT I LIKE: Perhaps most shockingly, this film makes the WW2 setting work and consequently grounds Steve Rogers in his shoes better than any Marvel movie has to date. Because everything's established so well, there's also some genuinely emotional parts that provoke a rare attachment and sadness amongst the Marvel audience. Think it's all gone soft though, and you'd be wrong, because Johnston packs this full of well-choreographed action scenes and retro montages that bring style to the substance too.
WHAT I DON'T LIKE: It may not be the most mature affair if we're being honest...
VERDICT: What a surprisingly good film; 'Captain America: The First Avenger' is just as full of heart as it's leading hero. A great start to a brilliant trilogy.