Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Captain America: The Winter Soldier Reviews

March 26, 2017
Politically grounded and extremely well written with a great cast and with its emphasis on its source material but skill to add fresh turns makes this film unique energetic and a more than worthy addition to the MCU cannon
March 21, 2017
Good for a Marvel film due to the lack of Iron Man and Thor.
March 19, 2017
The best of the MCU!
½ March 18, 2017
Better than the first! It's mostly rare to see a sequel dominate its previous film. Especially a superhero film. But it's not impossible! The Dark Knight, The Wolverine and now The Winter Soldier all dominate its previous films! My Score: 90%
March 14, 2017
The best Marvel has to offer so far, many prefer Civil War but I just feel Civil War was structurally weak despite still being a great movie.
March 14, 2017
Captain America: The Winter Soldier is one of Marvel's better films with a third act that is certainly disappointing and done in typical blockbuster vein, but the rest of the film features pretty solid storytelling with good mystery and spy elements to it, a very good use of its characters and some of the best and most memorable action sequences in recent memory.
March 13, 2017
Yes, just... Yeah... Yes. Go see it. Just like if you took the vigilante Detective out of the Batsuit in Dark Knight, you'd have a great crime thriller. Here, you take the shield and Stars and Stripes off the Captain, you'd have a great espionage thriller like Three Days of the Condor of which co-star Robert Redford also starred in. And that elevator scene never gets old. This is comic book movies done right. One of the best.
March 13, 2017
great action movie, you can't miss it.
March 10, 2017
It was awsome great way to start summer
March 4, 2017
Fantastic and intense!!!
March 3, 2017
The BEST MARVEL FILM TO DATE. Classic omg
March 3, 2017
Gimmick-driven "Captain America: Civil War" is sure to please fans, but its surface level plot is stale and unsurprising.
½ March 2, 2017
The best of all the MCU films, by far. The first movie was good and Civil War was really good, but this movie was great. A good spy and political thriller mixed into a super hero movie, the same way (if not to the same level) that The Dark Knight was a crime/mob drama set in the world of Batman. While I enjoy most the Marvel films this one is just simply a cut above. Seeing the Russo brothers two Cap films has me very interested in their upcoming Avengers films. Winter Soldier and the first Iron Man are the best of the MCU.
February 26, 2017
This was a good year for marvel and we got the winter soldier, this movie is AWESOME, One of the most best and awesome captain America movies, even one of the best marvel movies
½ February 26, 2017
Marvel regains its footing with a witty and political sequel to...the avengers..no...captain america 1...no...I guess it's...a standalone movie? But still, the great acting and wonderfully choreographed action raise this film above most comic book movie.
February 26, 2017
Just Awesome!
The Best Part Was the Action Scenes!
½ February 20, 2017
Just watched it at the theater for the Montreal's premiere and it awesome!!I was never much of a Captain America fan. Personally, that hero was the less interesting of the Avngers team. But after seeing this movie, I was blown away. The movie has everything that makes Marvel movies what they are in spades ; superb, high octane action, interesting characters, sharp humor and as with every Marvel movie, it provides a connective thread to the next Avengers movie. What really impressed me was the minimal use of CGI and the intense hand-to-hand combat which was somehow reminiscent of Gareth Evan's The Raid. All in all, CA : TWS was a superb film-going experience filled with outstanding performances, thrilling action and a mid-credits sequence that tops it all off.
February 20, 2017
Uninvolving emotionally, and the intensity of the movie gradually fading into an awful second and third act, Winter Soldier is as generic as it gets.
February 19, 2017
Better than Civil War. Hottest MCU movie.
½ February 16, 2017
4.5/5 Stars. One of the best Marvel films in recent memory. Starts off simple, evolves into something much more. Even if you know who the Winter Soldier is from the comics, it will impress you with how well the story unfolds. The big twist is not something one would expect. The action is pretty great; I actually feel like these less-super superhero films make for better fight sequences, as they can't rely on thunder blasts and such. Cap being my favorite also helps. The stuff with Falcon was solid as well, aside from the ass-kicking he got. Overall, up there with Guardians. Must-watch.