Captain January - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Captain January Reviews

½ July 18, 2014
Alright update of the Baby Peggy story, except I prefer the earlier adaptation better. It had, believe it or not, more edge then this one dows.
March 22, 2014
I love the old movies starring Shirley Temple. Now that I'm a grandma, I hope to enjoy the movies again with my granddaughter
June 29, 2013
"Captain January" es una conmovedora y muy graciosa pelicula que demuestra todo el talento y la precocidad de la legendaria Shirley Temple. Las escenas musicales son de lo mejor y la historia se conecta con el corazon del espectador de principio a fin. El termino "adorable" se queda corto con "Captain January".
March 30, 2013
i really loved this movie
November 28, 2012
a feel good musical comedy vehicle for miss curly top
December 2, 2010
the ending was a tear jerker..
December 1, 2010
Helen 'Star' Mason is a foundling rescued from the sea as a baby by Captain January, a lighthouse keeper. The two live in the lighthouse at Cape Tempest. Agatha Morgan, a truant officer in the area, demands that Star be enrolled in school and removed from the care of Captain January who never legally adopted her. The possibility of being separated is devastating for both January and Star. Meanwhile, January loses his job at the lighthouse when the lamp is replaced with an automatic one. Things look desperate for Star and January. Nazro, January's friend, tries to help and traces Star's relatives to Boston. He contacts them and they arrive at Cape Tempest to claim her. To Star's surprise and delight, her wealthy aunt and uncle buy her a yacht and hire January as helmsman, Nazro and Roberts as crew, and Mrs. Croft as Cook.
½ November 25, 2010
CAPTAIN JANUARY (1936)
July 21, 2010
Shirley Temple was very adorable
July 25, 2009
Saw it before and really love her movies
June 18, 2009
No more of these movies for me.
½ March 29, 2009
One of the better Temple films. Formulaic? Of course, but the story works nonetheless and Temple is given a range to play with and she pulls it off wonderfully. Plus, as January doesn't suffer as considerably from dated attitudes and past social institutions as some other Temple films (i.e., The Little Colonel), it's a good watch for the fam.
½ March 10, 2009
my favorite Shirley Temple movie
January 1, 2009
I love all of Shirley Timple movies.
February 20, 2008
"Lobsters dancing in a row..."
November 22, 2007
i really loved this movie
½ November 17, 2007
A good Shirley Temple film.
August 3, 2007
I really want to see this
½ July 27, 2007
Now there's and actress from the past ..excellent..in all her movies..a joy to watch...
July 26, 2007
My FAVORITE Shirley Temple movie! I just love it - especially the part about her learning everything she needs to know from the Bible (and some sailor's manual! LOL!)